Northeastern Crime Log

By Jen Nelson

Crime log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety records.

Wednesday, February 4 1 a.m. The community receptionist in Smith Hall reported an intoxicated resident on the second floor of the building. Officers responded and found the 19-year-old female in the second floor bathroom. She admitted to drinking at an off campus party and was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. She will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

3:30 p.m. A staff member in the Mugar Life Sciences building reported a man wandering and loitering on the fourth floor. When confronted by a staff member, the man claimed to be a student. When the staff member reached for the phone to call the police, the man fled from the building. He was not found by officers.

A staff member in Cabot Center reported that someone had entered her office overnight and stolen her personal radio and walkman. There were no signs of forced entry.

2:30 p.m. A 22-year-old female student reported that $30 had been charged to her Husky Card from several vending machines around campus. She had reported her card as lost the previous day and had already attempted to replace it.

3 p.m. Evidence of a paintball gun fired on the fourth floor of Speare Hall was reported.

A female resident of Speare Hall reported a rude message left on her message board.

11 p.m. A 29-year-old female graduate student reported that the window in her 16 Westland Ave. apartment was open. The student didn’t remember opening the window. Nothing was missing from the apartment.

Friday, February 6 1 p.m. A 19-year-old male student reported being verbally harassed on several occasions by another student he barely knows. The student did not feel threatened by the harassment, but still reported the incidents.

Saturday, February 7 12:30 a.m. A 20-year-old female resident of Davenport Commons reported roommate troubles, which had also occurred in the past. The resident reported that her 21-year-old roommate and her non-student boyfriend had verbally threatened her after a dispute. The roommate and her boyfriend left before the resident could call police. The resident is considering a restraining order against the roommate and Residential Life is currently working to separate the residents.

10 p.m. A Resident Assistant requested the assistance of officers in quieting a party at 650 Columbus Ave. Officers responded and found a party with several beer balls and hard liquor. The 19-year-old male student admitted to hosting the party. Approximately 10 other people were at the party, none of them over the age of 21. In the apartment, several other beer balls were found along with some pills. The student claimed to have a prescription for the pills, but could not produce one. Nicholas Ladner, 19, was arrested for possession of alcohol by a minor, distribution of alcohol to minors and possession of controlled substances. He was arraigned at Roxbury District Court on Monday on the same charges. He will also be referred to OSCCR.

Sunday, February 8 10 p.m. A 19-year-old female student reported that while she was at an off campus party, something may have been added to her drink to make her more intoxicated. The next morning, the student was unable to remember everything that happened the night before, but believes there may have been some sexual conduct. Although she did not believe she was sexually assaulted, she was still taken to the hospital for consultation. The Boston Police Depart-ment has also been notified.

Monday, February 9 2 p.m. A 19-year-old male student in Davenport Commons reported that his cable box was taken a month earlier. He believed the cable box had been taken by his former roommate, who moved out at that time. Officers contacted the former roommate who claimed that he returned the cable box to the cable provider. The cable provider reported that the cable box had not been returned. Officers are still investigating.

10:30 p.m. An RA in Willis Hall found a piece of paper set on fire in the elevator and put it out with a fire extinguisher. The Boston Fire Department and NUPD were called, and the elevator was shut down.

Tuesday, February 10 3 a.m. An RA in Stetson East called officers to assist in quieting down a room on the third floor. The RA reported that the residents, an 18-year-old female and a 19-year-old female, had been uncooperative several times in the past. Officers found four non-student guests, one 18-year-old resident of Stetson East and one 19-year old resident of West Campus in the room along with the residents. The guests were asked to leave. The 18 and 19 year-old male student guests were asked for IDs, and accidentally gave officers fake IDs stating that they are 21-year-olds. They, along with the two female residents, will be referred to OSCCR.

Crime Log Entry of the Week

Friday, February 6 8:00 p.m.

A visiting team’s athletic trainer requested a Northeastern fan be removed from Matthews Arena for harassing the visiting team’s coach throughout the first period of the hockey game. Officers responded and spoke to the 19-year-old male student, who apologized for his actions and was evicted from the game.