Northeastern Crime Log

Wednesday, March 31 10:30 a.m. A female student in Stetson East reported her cell phone missing. The student told officers she believed it may have been stolen by her neighbor’s non-student boyfriend, who had been in the room previously. The student also reported her neighbor’s boyfriend may be wanted by police. Officers responded and located the boyfriend who, although he did not have the missing cell phone, was wanted by police. Ryan Kirky, 20, of Danvers, was arrested on default warrants for allegedly breaking and entering and receiving stolen property in Salem. He was arraigned the next day in Salem District Court on the same charges.

1:15 p.m. The manager in Wollaston’s at the Marino Center reported detaining a 21-year-old female student who had attempted to leave without paying for several health and beauty aids. The manager did not decide to press criminal charges, but the student is banned from both Wollaston’s locations and will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

3 p.m. A Resident Assistant (RA) in Loftman Hall reported the odor of marijuana coming from one of the apartments. Officers responded and found a pipe and a bag of marijuana in the apartment of a 19-year-old female student, who claimed the drugs belonged to her 19-year-old boyfriend who lives in a different residence hall. Officers contacted the boyfriend, who admitted the drugs were his. Both students will be referred to OSCCR.

Thursday, April 1 2 p.m. A 21-year-old male student reported being threatened twice in his off-campus apartment by his 21-year-old fraternity brother. The dispute allegedly stemmed from relationships both students had with a female. The student who made the threats was located and admitted to threatening the student, but said he would not have carried out the threats. He will be referred to OSCCR.

9 p.m. A male alumnus reported his wallet and watch stolen from a locker at the Marino Center. He said he could not remember if he had locked the locker or not. The wallet contained several credit cards.

Friday, April 2 1 a.m. An 18-year-old male student reported that he had been punched repeatedly by his friend’s 19-year-old roommate and the roommate’s two 19-year-old male friends. The student has not decided whether or not to press criminal charges. The three students involved in the alleged assault will be referred to OSCCR.

8 a.m. A 17-year-old female student reported to NUPD headquarters to receive her wallet which had been placed in the lost and found. Upon picking up the wallet, she reported $100 missing from it.

2 p.m. A 22-year-old female student reported her backpack stolen after leaving it unattended for a few minutes while eating in the Marino Center. The backpack contained $15 and identification.

Saturday, April 3 2 a.m. A man approached an officer on Columbus Avenue claiming that he had been shot at while in the elevator of a Columbus Avenue building. The man pointed out another man across the street who he believed had fired the shot. The officer approached the man, who then began to flee. The officer pursued the man and detained him near the Columbus Parking Garage footbridge. The man was found with a revolver that had fired one shot. Michael Glennon, 25, of Boston, was arrested for possessing a firearm without a permit and firing a shot in a dwelling. Officers are still investigating what building the shot was fired in and under what circumstances the shot was fired.

2:30 a.m. The Community Receptionist (CR) in Speare Hall reported that a very intoxicated woman had swiped into the building. Officers responded and located the 18-year-old student vomiting in her room. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be referred to OSCCR.

5:30 a.m. Officers responded to a fire alarm on 106 St. Stephen St. Smoke was filling the halls of the building and officers located the apartment where the smoke was coming from and broke down the door. They found a 20-year-old male student passed out who was allegedly heavily intoxicated on his bed. Pasta left on the stove was the source of the smoke filling the halls. The student was removed from the room with some difficulty. He will be referred to OSCCR.

9:30 p.m. A 19-year-old male student reported his ATM card missing. The student said the last time he used his card, which he kept in his desk drawer, was over a month earlier. The student admitted that the door of his Loftman Hall apartment was always left unlocked, and many people were in and out of his apartment every day. Over $500 in withdrawals had been made by the time the card was reported stolen.

Sunday, April 4 1 a.m. NUPD officers were assisting Boston Police in quieting a loud party at 114 Hemenway St. when a 20-year-old female student walked down the stairs holding a beer cup. Officers requested her identification, and she claimed she was not a student. Several IDs with different names were found on her, and she eventually admitted to being a student. She will be referred to OSCCR.

3:30 a.m. Officers were called to Burstein Hall after reports were made of music being played very loudly in an apartment. The 19-year-old male resident was told for the second time to quiet down, but was allegedly belligerent with officers in turning the music down. He will be referred to OSCCR.

5 p.m. A visiting parent reported her wallet stolen from her purse after leaving the purse on the back of her chair while she ate in the Marino Center. The wallet contained $50 and several credit cards.

Monday, April 5 4:30 p.m. A staff member in Snell Engineering Center reported her purse missing after leaving her office unlocked and unattended for a half hour. The purse contained $60, several credit cards, a cell phone and a digital camera. About an hour later, a staff member on the other side of the building found the purse hanging on a door. The cash and camera were missing, but everything else in the purse was intact.

Officers were called to the same room where the assault on April 2 occurred after Residential Life staff found a bong and a bag of marijuana. When officers arrived, they found another bong, a bag of marijuana with $500 cash in it and other drug items. The 19-year-old roommate, who had not been in the room for the weekend, claimed that the drugs belonged to his roommate. The situation is still under investigation.

Crime Log Entries of the Week Thursday, April 1

11:30 p.m. A pizza delivery man at Willis Hall left his keys in his car’s ignition and the door unlocked while making a delivery. When the man returned a few minutes later, the car was gone.

Friday, April 2

2 p.m. The same pizza delivery man from the previous evening noticed his own car, which had been stolen, parked on Columbus Avenue in front of the Columbus Parking Garage. The keys were in the car, and the car was unlocked and unharmed.