Northeastern Crime Log

Wednesday, April 7 9:30 a.m. Officers responded to the Curry Student Center where they found a high school student looking at pornographic material on one of the computers. The student claimed he only had a half day of school, but upon calling the high school, officers found the student was really cutting class. The student was returned to the school.

11 a.m. A Residential Mail employee reported his jacket stolen after leaving it unattended in the entrance to the Forsyth Building while delivering mail. When the employee returned, he found his leather jacket had been replaced with a less expensive one.

6:15 p.m. Media Services reported a camcorder missing from a classroom in the Forsyth Building.

11:30 p.m. A resident in West Village reported someone aiming a laser pointer from West Village B. Officers responded to the apartment where the laser was supposedly coming from, and found a 20-year-old female resident and a 19-year-old male student, who denied using a laser pointer. Later that night, the resident called NUPD and admitted to using the laser pointer. She, and the male student, will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Thursday, April 8 9:30 a.m. A 20-year-old male student reported his bike stolen after leaving it locked in front of Shillman Hall from 5 p.m. Wednesday to 8 a.m. Thursday. The lock had been cut off and left behind.

3 p.m. Media Services reported the camcorder, previously reported missing, had been found. A student found the camcorder in the empty classroom and secured it, returning it to Media Services the next day.

6:30 p.m. A 19-year-old female student reported her textbook stolen after leaving it on her desk in a classroom in the Forsyth Building while working in a different area of the classroom. When she returned to get her book at the end of class, it was gone.

9 p.m. Officers responded to the boat house after several crew team members reported their wallets stolen from the locker room. The wallets had been left out in the open on benches. Four wallets were stolen, one containing several dollars, another with $5, another with $10 and one with $100. All four of the wallets also contained credit cards.

Friday, April 9 12:30 a.m. Officers responded to West Village A after a student reported almost being hit in the head with a bottle thrown from one of the top floors of the building. Officers located the apartment where the bottles were allegedly thrown from and found a 21-year-old male resident and his 18-year-old male non-student visitor. The visitor originally denied having thrown the bottles, but eventually admitted that it had been him. The visitor was evicted from campus and told not to return, and the resident who signed him in will be referred to OSCCR.

1 a.m. Officers responded to Speare Hall after they received reports of graffiti on a door on the first floor.

2 a.m. A 19-year-old male resident of 110 St. Stephen St. reported while he was sleeping, he was awakened by the sound of someone entering his apartment. Upon investigating, the student found a stranger standing in his apartment. The stranger quickly left, and the student was unable to give a description of him to police. Nothing was missing from the apartment.

3:30 a.m. West Village B was evacuated after the fire alarm was set off due to someone discharging a fire extinguisher on the second floor.

1 p.m. Staff members in the Forsyth Building reported receiving several harassing hang-up phone calls.

3 p.m. An 18-year-old female student from White Hall was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center after nearly passing out and falling. The student has no known previous medical conditions, and the only medical diagnosis made was that the student was suffering from the effects of a severe hangover.

9:30 p.m. An officer found two men standing together on Symphony Road holding an open 30-rack of beer. Four beers were missing, and the rest were intact. The officer questioned the students, one 18-year-old male and one 19-year-old male. The 18-year-old admitted the beer was his and claimed a stranger had purchased it for him at a nearby liquor store. The 19-year-old claimed he didn’t even know the 18-year-old and was just passing by. The 18-year-old will be referred to OSCCR, and the 19-year-old might be questioned further.

10 p.m. An officer stopped five people walking on the path behind Snell Library carrying a large quantity of beer. None have any affiliation with Northeastern. They said they were heading to a party on campus, but refused to specify where. The beer was confiscated from the two 19-year-olds, two 20-year-olds and one 22-year-old.

Saturday, April 10 2 a.m. An officer patrolling on bicycle on Hemenway Street found a 22-year-old male student urinating on the sidewalk. The student was extremely intoxicated. He will be referred to OSCCR.

Sunday, April 11 3 a.m. A student in Stetson West reported loud noise coming from the second floor. Officers responded and found a 19-year-old male resident and two 18-year-old male students in a second floor room. Officers found an empty 12-pack of beer and several unopened cans of beer, and said they could also detect the odor of marijuana. The students admitted to smoking the marijuana earlier. The drugs and alcohol were confiscated, and all three will be referred to OSCCR.

Officers responded to Smith Hall to assist a Resident Assistant who was having trouble identifying students after breaking up a party in one of the rooms. Officers found six students and a two-and-a-half gallon bucket of beer in the room. The beer was confiscated and the 19-year-old male resident, two 19-year-old male students and an 18-year-old male student will be referred to OSCCR. A 19-year-old male visitor also in the room was evicted from campus and told not to return.

7 p.m. Officers responded to Speare Hall on another report of graffiti written on the same door on the first floor. This time, obscene pictures had been glued to the door and the door’s lock had been glued shut.

Monday, April 12 1:30 p.m. An 18-year-old female student reported her credit card missing after receiving a bill with $300 of unauthorized charges on it. The student reported she only uses the credit card for emergencies and therefore didn’t realize it was missing until she got the bill. She also reported that she always leaves the door to her Stetson West room unlocked.

9 p.m. A 21-year-old female student in West Village C reported several rings and a bracelet missing from her apartment. The student said she thinks she might have put the jewelry on a shelf in her apartment, but doesn’t remember clearly. The student also doesn’t remember if there were any guests in the apartment that night.

Crime Log Entry of the Week Sunday, April 11

7 p.m. Facility Maintenance called NUPD after fixing the broken door of an 18-year-old male student who claimed someone had broken into his room in Stetson West. Officers responded, and the student claimed he had been out the night before and returned to find his door broken in, but nothing missing from his room. Officers investigated and found the student had been drinking the night before. The student eventually admitted he had locked himself out of his room while drunk and used a friend’s hammer to let himself in. He will be referred to OSCCR.