Northeastern Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Wednesday, March 23 10:30 a.m. A manager of Wollaston’s in the Marino Center reported he was detaining an 18-year-old male student who had attempted to steal a bottle of DayQuil. The student will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

11 a.m. A staff member reported he had parked his car overnight in the Matthews Arena parking lot Monday night and when he went to get it at 3 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, it had been vandalized.

2 p.m. A staff member in Snell Library reported some personal items had been stolen from an office in the library sometime between 6 p.m. on Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday. There was no sign of forced entry.

3 p.m. The facilities staff reported there had been repeated instances of vandalism with the wires that control the Husky Card reader on laundry machines in 10 Coventry St. and Davenport A and B.

9:30 p.m. Two mirrors were torn off a car parked in the Columbus Garage. The car was parked in the garage between 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

3:30 a.m. Police responded to reports that a 20-year-old female student taking a cab back to her residence hall left the cab without paying the fare. She and her 26-year-old non-student boyfriend got into an argument with the cab driver, who claimed the 26-year-old male punched him. The student claimed she and her boyfriend had tried to pay with a credit card, and were escorted to an ATM to pay the fare. The cab driver decided not to press charges and the student’s boyfriend was instructed not to return to campus.

Thursday, March 24 6 p.m. A resident of West Village A called to report she thought her roommate was smoking marijuana in the apartment. The officers could smell the marijuana from the living room and knocked on the door to the bedroom. A 21-year-old female resident opened the door with a 21-year-old male student guest. Both admitted to smoking, and the female student said she had bought the marijuana from her guest, which he confirmed. He was escorted out of the building and they will both be referred to OSCCR.

Friday, March 25 11:30 a.m. A staff member in the Cashier’s Office reported one or two people working together were passing bad checks to the Cashier’s Office for deposits into their Husky account and using the credit before the bank returned the checks for insufficient funds. It was discovered the holders of the cards had never actually attended classes but were registering for classes to get Husky Cards. Both used aliases every time they changed their Husky Card.

8 p.m. A 23-year-old female resident of West Village E was locked out of her apartment, and while waiting for a Resident Assistant (RA) to get her a key, she became irate in the lobby and made comments about punching the RA. She appeared to be intoxicated and belligerent. She will be referred to OSCCR.

Monday, March 28 12:30 a.m. A candy machine in the tunnel in the lower level of Hayden Hall was vandalized and the change inside was missing.

1 p.m. A 19-year-old female student reported that on Sunday evening at 12:30 a.m. she returned to campus, unloaded groceries on the sidewalk and when she went back for the last bag it was gone. The bag also contained her keys.