Northeastern Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Wednesday, April 6 12:30 p.m. Staff at Stetson West reported a man sleeping on a couch in the lobby. He had been seen loitering in the building for several days. Officers responded and woke up the man, who had been issued a trespassing warning a year earlier. Kwaku Frimpong, 26, of Boston, was arrested and charged with trespassing. He has no affiliation with Northeastern, and was arraigned the next day.

5 p.m. A staff member who had parked her car in Camden Parking Lot returned to find someone had scratched her car from end to end with a key.

Thursday, April 7 10:30 a.m. A 21-year-old male student reported discovering scratches on the side of his car, which had been parked in Columbus Parking Lot since April 3.

1:30 p.m. A female student who works in Cullinane Hall reported her laptop stolen from an office on the first floor. The office had been left unlocked and unattended for several hours.

5:15 p.m. A 20-year-old female student reported her wallet missing after she left her backpack on a chair on the first floor of Snell Library. The wallet contained her Husky Card and several IDs.

Friday, April 8 2 a.m. Residential Life staff reported an argument between two male residents in Stetson West. One 18-year-old male reported he was sitting in his room when someone threw bottles and cans out their window onto the roof landing directly outside his window. He went to the fourth floor to confront the resident who had thrown the bottles. The resident, a 19-year-old male, followed the first resident back downstairs, where the confrontation continued. Both students will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Saturday, April 9 3:45 a.m. A fire alarm was pulled on the eighth floor of Willis Hall, causing the building to be evacuated.

9 a.m. An officer patrolling 319 Huntington Ave. discovered holes in the wall in the corridor on the main stairwell between the second and third floors. More holes were discovered on the second floor, some as large as two feet in diameter.

7:30 p.m. An officer noticed an 18-year-old male walking down Gainsborough Street who appeared very unsteady on his feet. He was discovered to be intoxicated and was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He will be referred to OSCCR.

Sunday, April 10 12:45 a.m. Boston Police and NUPD responded to reports of a loud party at 772 Columbus Ave. One male student eventually opened the door, and police found about 70 people in the apartment, along with a large amount of alcohol. Three 21-year-old male residents were identified, along with three male students and seven female students, all under the age of 21. They will all be referred to OSCCR.

2 a.m. An anonymous caller reported a fight in the West Village Quad. Officers responded and found two males. One, a 22-year-old male student, was bleeding in the face. He claimed he and his friends had been jumped and assaulted by three men they didn’t know. He had a small cut above his eye but refused medical attention.

5:30 p.m. An officer patrolling The Fenway observed a man walk up to a bicycle locked in front of Melvin Hall, take out a pair of bolt cutters and cut the chain on the bicycle. The officer pursued the man for four blocks before losing him in an alley off Westland Avenue. The bicycle was left behind and returned to the student.