Northeastern Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, July 26 7:45 p.m. Residential Life staff in Burstein Hall reported someone had been tampering with the washers and dryers in the laundry room in an attempt to do laundry for free.

Wednesday, July 27 2 p.m. Officers escorted several local high school students who were being disorderly out of the Curry Student Center.

4 p.m. A 32-year-old female student reported her bike missing after leaving it locked outside the Mugar Life Sciences Building the previous day.

8:30 p.m. A 22-year-old female student living in an apartment at 153 Hemenway St. reported her laptop missing from the apartment.

9 p.m. An alumna reported her wallet missing after allowing a man to use the phone in an office in Ryder Hall unattended. When she returned to the office, the man and her wallet were missing. The wallet contained $10 and several credit cards.

Thursday, July 28 8 a.m. A group of juveniles were reported as being disorderly in the food court area of the student center. All were identified by officers as local high school students. A staff member from the high school reported to the student center and will take disciplinary action against the students.

3 p.m. A male student reported he had seen four male juveniles sitting on a bench with a pair of bolt cutters and walking back and forth to the bike rack outside Shillman Hall. Officers responded, and stopped and identified three out of the four juveniles. All three juveniles’ parents were notified. They will all be summonsed to Boston Juvenile Court on charges of attempted larceny and possession of burglarious tools. One juvenile will also be charged with possession of marijuana, and the other will be charged with possession of cocaine.

Sunday, July 31 1:30 a.m. A 20-year-old male student reported three juveniles at the corner of St. Botolph Street and Massachusetts Avenue had robbed him of his wallet, which contained several credit cards. Officers stopped several suspects in the area, but the victim was unable to positively identify any of them at the time.

Monday, Aug. 1 10 a.m. Staff members in Speare Hall reported a student was upset and disorderly over a problem he had with his Husky Card. He threw the card at a staff member. He was reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

11 a.m. A 25-year-old female student reported her wallet missing from the fourth floor of Snell Library. It contained several credit cards, one of which had already been used by the time she called to cancel it.

4:30 p.m. A 21-year-old male student reported his cell phone missing after leaving it unattended on a table in the Marino Center food court while he went to get food.

A 21-year-old female student reported her bike missing from outside Shillman Hall, where it had been locked for the previous hour. She reported several days earlier her lock had been tampered with.

5:30 p.m. A faculty member reported finding a set of bolt cutters in the bushes outside Dockser Hall.

6 p.m. A 20-year-old female student reported her mountain bike was missing from the railing of Burstein Hall. She had locked it there the previous evening, and the chain was found cut the next morning.

Tuesday, Aug. 2 3:30 a.m. A 21-year-old male student reported he was robbed at knifepoint by two men while walking between West Village A and G. The student was returning from Store 24 and reported the two had followed him from there. His wallet, which contained approximately $40, several credit cards and IDs, and his cell phone were taken. Officers searched the area, but couldn’t find anyone matching the victim’s description.

1:30 p.m. A 28-year-old male student reported his wallet and cell phone missing from his backpack after leaving it unattended in the Sacred Space in Ell Hall. The wallet contained $3.

2:15 p.m. A staff member reported his wallet was missing from his gym bag, which had been left in an unlocked locker in Cabot. The wallet contained $50, several credit cards and identification.

2:30 p.m. An officer observed a university van speeding near Forsyth Street. The van drove up and over the sidewalk, striking a barricade that was closing the road, and pulled up near Willis Hall. Officers identified the driver and passenger as students. The driver will be reported to OSCCR and will pay for the damage made to the barricade and the van.

Wednesday, Aug. 3 8:30 p.m. A 25-year-old female student reported four juveniles had attempted to rob her of her bike near Burstein Hall. She was locking her bicycle when one attempted to grab her and the bicycle. A male came out of the building to her aid, yelling at the juveniles, who then fled the area. Officers responded and located the juveniles in the area. Three were taken into custody, and the fourth was released to his mother. They reported to Boston Juvenile Court on charges of attempted unarmed robbery and trespassing. One of the juveniles was also charged with receiving stolen property.

Thursday, Aug. 4 10:30 a.m. A staff member in Cargill Hall reported e-mail harassment that had escalated to letters sent to her office. She later found out another staff member had been receiving the same form of harassment. There was enough identifying material in the e-mail to follow up with the possible sender. Officers are still investigating.

1:30 p.m. A staff member in the Dana Research Center reported his laptop missing after leaving it in an unlocked office. Another staff member reported seeing a woman in the area at the time the laptop went missing.

3 p.m. A 20-year-old female student reported her backpack missing after leaving it unattended in Lake Hall. The backpack contained identification, a checkbook, approximately 150 music CDs, a cell phone and several books.

Friday, Aug. 5 Midnight An officer near Speare Place reported two juveniles carrying bikes. Both juveniles dropped the bikes and ran when approached by officers. They were not found in the area.

Saturday, Aug. 6 10:30 a.m. A 23-year-old female student in West Village H reported her roommate had threatened her and stolen several personal items from the room. The 22-year-old roommate denied the allegations. ResLife and OSCCR will handle the situation.

12:30 p.m. A 23-year-old female student reported her bicycle missing after leaving it locked outside Columbus Place. The cable was cut and left behind.

Sunday, Aug. 7 1:30 a.m. Officers found three juveniles hiding behind cars on The Fenway. They were identified and taken into custody when a car was found nearby with a broken rear windshield, a damaged steering wheel and a damaged radio. They will be summonsed to Boston Juvenile Court on charges of breaking and entering and malicious destruction of property.

Monday, Aug. 8 2 p.m. A 23-year-old female student reported her wallet missing after leaving it in an unattended room in Richards Hall. It contained $20, identification and several credit cards.

8:30 p.m. A 24-year-old student with an expired drivers license was stopped going the wrong way down Leon Street. He will be reported to OSCCR.