Northeastern Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Wednesday, April 13 11 p.m. Officers found a 21-year-old male student unconscious and allegedly intoxicated on Leon Street. He was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for treatment, and will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Thursday, April 14 11:30 a.m. An officer was outside Speare Hall when he noticed a man who was annoying pedestrians walking by. The man was carrying a pair of sneakers and was waving them in people’s faces. The man was identified as Raymond Gauthier, 48, of New Bedford. He told officers he was wanted by police in New Bedford for failing to appear in court on charges of vandalism. He was arrested on the default warrant.

3 p.m. The manager at Wollaston’s at the Marino Center reported he was detaining a shoplifter who was attempting to steal food. When confronted, the man threw a chair at the manager. Willy Torres, 41, of Boston was arrested and charged with shoplifting and assault. He was arraigned in Roxbury District Court the next day.

Saturday, April 16 12:30 a.m. A 20-year-old male student, who was allegedly intoxicated, punched the window out of the front door at 319 Huntington Ave. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for injuries sustained to his arm, and will be reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, April 17 1 a.m. A Resident Assistant (RA) in Rubenstein Hall asked for assistance in breaking up a loud party. Three beer balls, two empty and one half full, were found in the room of a 19-year-old male student. He will be reported to OSCCR.

Monday, April 18 11:30 p.m. Officers responded to break up a fight outside Our House East. A 20-year-old male student was fighting with a male alumnus. The alumnus, who suffered from a cut upper lip, is considering pressing charges. He was referred to Boston Police. The student will be reported to OSCCR.

Tuesday, April 19 Noon An RA in Willis Hall detected the odor of marijuana. A 19-year-old female student was found with several pipes and will be reported to OSCCR.

9:30 p.m. A 47-year-old homeless man was found intoxicated on Gainsborough Street and was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for treatment.

Wednesday, April 20 4:30 p.m. An officer saw a group of males in The Fenway across from Kerr Hall, and observed one holding a pipe. The officer approached the group and confiscated rolling papers, a pipe and a bag of marijuana from three 18-year-old male students, an 18-year-old female student and a 19-year-old female student. They will all be reported to OSCCR.

Thursday, April 21 2 p.m. A Boston University student left a message on the Northeastern Public Safety message board claiming she had been assaulted by four high school girls April 15 near the Massachusetts Avenue T station exit at Northampton Street. She reported a Northeastern student had helped her, but wanted to warn other students about the attack.

6 p.m. A witness reported someone had been throwing objects out of a fifth floor window in White Hall. Officers found a 19-year-old male student who admitted to throwing trash out the window. He will be reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, April 24 1:30 a.m. A 20-year-old female student and a 21-year-old female student flagged down an officer outside Douglass Park. They claimed they had been hired to dance at a bachelor party in the building when the men became obnoxious and belligerent. The females claimed they ran from the apartment and one left behind her jacket, and that $150 had been stolen from it. Officers entered the apartment, occupied by students, and the men claimed they did not take the money. The residents of the apartment, one 20-year-old male student and one 21-year-old male student, will be reported to OSCCR.

Tuesday, April 26 11 a.m. An officer saw a group of four high school students who appeared to be passing around marijuana. Three males, a 16-year-old, a 17-year-old, and an 18-year-old and a 17-year-old female were identified as students at the charter school in Cahners Hall on The Fenway. The headmaster was called and they will be disciplined through the school.

Thursday, April 28 5 p.m. A male student reported a group of juveniles had run out of Wollaston’s. The manager at Wollaston’s at West Village was chasing them. The manager caught one 10-year-old boy who had stolen food. The boy, who lives in the area, returned the stolen food.

Sunday, May 1 2 a.m. A 23-year-old alumnus approached an officer on Huntington Avenue near Gainsborough Street, bleeding from the scalp. He claimed he had been hit over the head with a bottle during an argument in Our House East. He was referred to the Boston Police to press charges.