Northeastern Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports. Tuesday, March 8 Noon A Resident Assistant (RA) smelled marijuana coming from 780 Columbus Ave. in the same apartment where two students admitted to smoking marijuana March 6 after a pipe was discovered in their room. Police found the same two students, a 20-year-old male and a 21-year-old male, smoking again. Both will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR). 3 p.m. A 19-year-old male student threw a snowball and broke the window of a female student’s room in Stetson East. He admitted throwing the snowball and said he threw it because she had a “Kerry for President” sign in the window that he did not agree with. He will be referred to OSCCR.

Thursday, March 10 12:15 a.m. Police were called to West Village A where there had been a fight among female roommates. The origin of the fight was one roommate was scheduled to be moved out during Spring Break, but had left bags of her personal belongings in the apartment while living in a different building in West Village. When the student returned to the apartment to retrieve her bags, she found them outside in the hallway. The girls argued and the former roommate was told to leave. According to witnesses, she then lunged at one of the residents, and as another stepped between them, the former roommate kicked and scratched her. Rachael Seigelman, 19, was arrested for assault and battery. She was arraigned at Roxbury District Court the next day and will be referred to OSCCR.

Noon The manager at Wollaston’s at the Marino Center detained a shoplifter who had stolen a bottle of eye drops. A 19-year-old male student has been banned from entering either campus Wollaston’s store. He will be referred to OSCCR.

3 p.m. An RA was doing room inspections in West Village A and found marijuana pipes in a room occupied by a 19-year-old male student. When questioned by police he also turned over beer and bottles of hard liquor. He will be referred to OSCCR.

11 p.m. An officer saw a woman pass some packages of beer to two young men on Gainsborough Street. Police identified all three as New England Conservatory students. A 21-year-old female NEC student had purchased the beer for two 19-year-old male NEC students. The beer the two 19-year-olds were carrying was confiscated.

Friday, March 11 4:30 a.m. An RA called from Loftman Hall to report an allegedly intoxicated person covered in vomit and semiconscious on the second floor. A 19-year-old male student was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance and will be referred to OSCCR.

Noon On Dec. 14, 2004, it was previously reported in the Crime Log that police investigated an odor of marijuana in an apartment in West Village A, and subsequently confiscated a very large amount of illegal drugs and paraphernalia, indicating that the resident was not only a user but distributor. That student was immediately referred to OSCCR and relocated out of the room so police could obtain a search warrant. By the time a search and eventual arrest warrant were obtained, the student had left the university and the state. Northeastern spent the next couple of months attempting to contact him. On March 11, in arrangements with his attorney, Eric Wildenberg, 20, surrendered himself and was arrested for possession with intent to distribute Class B, C, D and E drugs. He was arraigned in Roxbury District Court that day.

Saturday, March 12 1 a.m. An RA from Speare Hall reported an allegedly intoxicated female student on the fourth floor who was vomiting. An 18-year-old female student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and police confiscated three bottles of rum. She will be referred to OSCCR.

2 a.m. An RA from Stetson West reported an allegedly intoxicated male passed out in the second floor corridor. Police found an 18-year-old resident who had vomited and took him to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance. He will be referred to OSCCR.

3:30 a.m. A residence hall staff member from Willis Hall reported a window in the second floor corridor had just been punched and broken. A resident from Burstein Hall was reported to just have left the area.

4:15 a.m. Police were called to Rubenstein Hall on a report that a resident had attempted suicide by cutting his wrists. Police found a 19-year-old male student bleeding profusely from lacerations in his forearm. It was discovered he had not attempted suicide but had punched a glass window in an emergency fire door in Rubenstein. He is the same person who was the suspect in the Willis Hall window case. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be referred to OSCCR.

8 p.m. A 20-year-old female student who lives in Davenport Commons called to report that a half hour earlier she was walking near West Newton Street to her apartment on Columbus Avenue when she was accosted by a woman who looked to be about 50 years old. The woman pushed the student to the ground and asked her for money, and when the student said she didn’t have any money, the assailant ran away.

Monday, March 14 9 a.m. The manager of Wollaston’s at the Marino Center detained a shoplifter who had stolen a coffee cake. The person was being belligerent and uncooperative and was identified as a 35-year-old man with no Northeastern affiliation. The manager is planning to file criminal charges against this man and he has banned him from both campus Wollaston’s locations. Police also gave him a trespassing warning.