Northeastern Crime Log

Crime log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, January 25 9:45 a.m. A 19-year-old male student reported he had been punched in the head by a 19-year-old female student acquaintance while at Punter’s Pub Jan. 15. They were arguing over previous issues involving a mutual friend, and as officers investigated matters, they both admitted to using fake IDs to drink in the pub. They will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Wednesday, January 26 8:30 a.m. An officer came upon a man outside Shillman Hall who was acting disoriented. The man was identified as Bryan Williams, 32, of Boston. Williams has been arrested on campus previously for shoplifting from Wollaston’s, and has been warned three times in the past year to stay away from campus. He was arrested and charged with trespassing.

Noon A wallet found in an alley behind Smith Hall was turned in to public safety. Using identification found in the wallet, it was returned to a female staff member who, upon receiving the wallet, realized she had dropped it on Forsyth Street earlier that morning. The wallet was missing $100 and a credit card.

6:30 p.m. An employee who lives at 768 Columbus Ave. returned home after work and discovered her apartment had been burglarized. A VCR and expensive jewelry were stolen. Upon investigation, a neighbor told police there had been a pounding noise from a hammer in the rear stairwell at about 4 p.m. When the neighbor called down to the stairwell to see what was going on, the person pounding on the door walked away. The neighbor did not contact police.

9 p.m A Resident Assistant (RA) in White Hall reported detecting the odor of marijuana coming from a room on the third floor. Police found two 18-year-old male students who admitted to smoking earlier. The students turned over marijuana and rolling papers, and both will be referred to OSCCR.

Thursday, January 27 5:30 p.m. A female faculty member from Lake Hall reported she had gone to class for an hour and left her office unlocked. When she returned, her laptop was missing. It had been secured to the desk with a cable, and it appeared as though the cable had been severed with wire cutters.

8 p.m. A custodian in the Dana Building reported her wallet stolen from the basement where she had left her coat while she was working. The wallet contained $100 and credit cards.

11:30 p.m. An RA in White Hall reported having heard excessive noise coming from a room on the fifth floor. When she knocked and opened the door, she saw a bottle of alcohol and called the police. Officers encountered one 18-year-old female student, one 19-year-old female student and one 19-year-old male student, none of whom lived in the room. The students claimed to be friends of residents who were not home at the time. They also said they had just arrived and weren’t the ones making noise. The three residents, one 18-year-old male student and two 19-year-old male students, were later questioned and said they didn’t know how the alcohol got into the room. All six students will be referred to OSCCR.

Friday, January 28 3:30 a.m. Officers came upon a man sleeping in a room on the third floor of Dodge Hall. The man, a 34-year-old alumnus of Northeastern, is unemployed and homeless and has been found sleeping in a variety of buildings on campus this winter. He was told he had to leave and was given a trespassing warning.

5 a.m. Officers observed a man at 768 Columbus Avenue who appeared to be trying to open the front door of the same apartment building in which the burglary had occurred earlier in the week. The man appeared to be intoxicated, and thought he was at 768 of a different street, rather than 768 Columbus Ave. Upon identifying the man, police discovered there was an arrest warrant in his name. Police arrested Antoine Cureton, 21, of Mattapan, who was charged with failing to appear in court after being charged with operating under the influence. He has no connection to Northeastern.

3 p.m. Officers noticed a male non-student, who was wanted by the Boston and Quincy Police Departments, in Behrakis Hall with a female student. Police arrested Dennis Reynolds, 20, of Hyde Park, in connection with charges of shoplifting, assault, resisting arrest and violating a domestic abuse prevention order. He was also given a trespassing warning.

9:30 p.m. Officers noticed a man coming out of a liquor store on Huntington Avenue who gave the alcohol he had purchased to two other people outside the store. They were all stopped and officers found an 18-year-old male student had purchased alcohol using his older brother’s ID. He had given a bottle of Southern Comfort and beer to two other 18-year-old students. All will be referred to OSCCR, and the student who purchased the alcohol will be summonsed to Roxbury District Court.

11:30 p.m. Four people putting two beer balls into large bags were stopped in front of Loftman Hall by police. They were identified as two 18-year-old male students and two 19-year-old male students, two of whom lived in Loftman Hall. One student claimed he had made the purchase with a driver’s license he had altered with a pen, and he did not have a fake ID with him at the time. All four students will be referred to OSCCR.

Saturday, January 29 3:30 a.m. An officer on Columbus Avenue was approached by a 21-year-old female student who was allegedly intoxicated and was acting in such a way it appeared she might be a danger to herself. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be referred to OSCCR.

9:30 p.m. A 19-year-old male student from Speare Hall returned to his room after having been away since Friday afternoon and discovered a roll of quarters and six DVDs missing. When the student’s roommate came home, he discovered $140 missing. The door had been left unlocked.

Sunday, January 30 2 a.m. An RA in White Hall found a 19-year-old student vomiting on the second floor. The student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

4 a.m. The proctor from the YMCA activated her distress alarm. Officers arrived and found a 19-year-old male student harassing the proctor and throwing food at her. He appeared to be intoxicated, and was uncooperative with police and made extremely inappropriate remarks directed at the proctor in the presence of police. Emil Ranaudo, who resides in the YMCA, was arrested for disorderly conduct, and it was also discovered he had a marijuana pipe in his pocket.

1 p.m. An RA from Davenport B called to report the odor of marijuana coming from an apartment. Officers found a 19-year-old male student with marijuana and a fake ID, which were confiscated. He will be referred to OSCCR.

Monday, January 31 2:30 p.m. A faculty member reported that over the weekend, someone entered his office in Holmes Hall and stole an external hard drive from his computer. There was no forced entry into the office, which is used by a large number of faculty and graduate students.

5:30 p.m. A 35-year-old male evening student reported a group of high school kids approached him on Krentzman Quad. Words were exchanged and one kid shoved him while another tried to pull his backpack. The kids ran off and were stopped at the Ruggles T station, where the student positively identified them. He decided not to press charges and the teenagers were released.

9:30 p.m. An officer in White Hall conducting follow-up business to a previous matter encountered a 19-year-old male student who came walking down the corridor with a bottle of vodka, followed shortly behind by another 18-year-old male student with a plastic cup with vodka and orange juice in it. Both students will be referred to OSCCR.

Tuesday, February 1 1 a.m. An RA in Kerr Hall reported the odor of marijuana coming from a room on the fourth floor. Police found an 18-year-old female resident with a 19-year-old male non-student guest who had been smoking in the room. Police confiscated a bottle of rum, a bottle of beer and a small amount of marijuana. The male guest was escorted from the building and is subject to arrest for trespassing if he ever returns to campus. The female student will be referred to OSCCR.