Northeastern Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, June 14 10:30 p.m. A 23-year-old female student in West Village A reported her ex-boyfriend, who is a student at another Boston college, was harassing her and loitering outside her residence hall. She reported he had threatened to call her employer and make trouble for her at work. Officers asked him to leave campus and warned him not to return.

Wednesday, June 15 11 a.m. A visitor attending a conference reported her backpack missing after leaving it unattended in the Curry Student Center. It contained several credit cards and an MP3 player. The backpack was later found empty in a men’s room in the student center. By the time the visitor reported her credit cards stolen, two attempts had already been made to use them.

4:30 p.m. A purse was found in a men’s room in the student center. A person with no affiliation with the university had reported it stolen from an off-campus restaurant the night before. It was returned to its owner minus $40.

Thursday, June 16 4:30 p.m. A 20-year-old female student reported her wallet missing after leaving her purse on the back of a chair in the Marino Center food court while she ate. It contained $85 and several credit cards.

Saturday, June 18 12:30 a.m. A 16-year-old female on Columbus Avenue reported she had just been accosted by two female acquaintances, who forced her to give them her cell phone and earrings. The incident was reported to the Boston Police.

12:30 p.m. An officer was speaking with a student in Davenport B about a previous incident when he discovered another student, who had been banned from Davenport B, was seen in the building. He was found in a room with a female student who had previously reported he assaulted her. Idris Payne, 21, was arrested and charged with trespassing. He and the female student will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Sunday, June 19 4 a.m. Police in York, Maine, informed officers they had arrested a 19-year-old male student for disorderly conduct and possessing a fake ID. He will be reported to OSCCR.

Monday, June 20 4 p.m. A staff member reported his windshield broken on his car parked in Columbus Lot. It appeared a rock had been thrown at the window.

Tuesday, June 21 11 a.m. A 23-year-old female student reported her credit card had been stolen June 15. She reported it had been used at a bar she was at June 18, and believed she knew who had stolen her card. The student’s friend reported she had been given the card to withdraw money from an ATM, and had no knowledge of it being used elsewhere. The incident is still under investigation.

4 p.m. A 22-year-old female student reported her cell phone missing after leaving it unattended in the InfoCommons the night before.

8:30 p.m. A 26-year-old male student with a visiting swim club reported his wallet missing after leaving it in an unlocked locker in the Cabot Physical Education Center locker room. The wallet contained $15 and several credit cards, one of which was already used by the time the student reported it missing.

Wednesday, June 22 8 p.m. A staff member reported his windshield broken on his car parked in Columbus Lot. Similar to the incident June 20, it appeared a rock had been thrown at the window.

Thursday, June 23 10:30 a.m. An officer found a middle-aged man cutting a lock off a bicycle parked behind the YMCA. The man rode away on the bike and was caught near the Camden Street footbridge. Ronald Paulding, 41, of Boston, was arrested and charged with larceny and possession of a burglarious tool.

Sunday, June 26 4:30 p.m. A student moving into West Village A called Residential Life staff to complain about the dirty room he was moving into. ResLife staff came to inspect the room and found a bag of marijuana and a homemade bong. The girlfriend, a 23-year-old non-student, of a 23-year-old male resident of the apartment told police it was her marijuana, and was asked to leave and warned not to return. The resident will be reported to OSCCR.