Themes, music at Savant Project

By Jill Saftel, News Correspondent

With a tapas bar, full breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, and a bar, The Savant Project has a variety of options, but it’s more than just an average restaurant; its difference lies in its drinks, music, themed parties and art.

The bar offers some interesting drinks with names such as “Crazy Pills,” “The Cougar,” “Asian Persuasion” and “A Screw in the Alley.” Seven days a week, from 2:30 to 6 p.m., tapas are half price with any drink purchase.

“On some nights, they have five wings for $1 and $1 tacos,” said Patrick Orr, who bartends at The Savant Project. Also offered are $5 nachos and $2.50 Pabsts. With the restaurant’s patio now open for the Spring, visitors can enjoy all The Savant Project has to offer while outside.

On any night of the week, live music or DJs can be found inside The Savant Project. On Mondays, the musical guests are the Death Star DJs who were featured at Northeastern’s Springfest. Orr said there’s a variety of music, “We could have jazz music one night and then a DJ on the weekend.”

The themed parties at The Savant Project vary from a “Mustache Party” to a David Bowie/Mick Jagger Party that is in the works for the night of Saturday, May 8.

Every Sunday night there is “Sex Drugz and ROCK & ROLL” trivia. The theme of the trivia changes around, and according to The Savant Project Facebook page, this Sunday the questions will be “homotrivia” with “a barrage of scandalous trivia questions” and on May 2 trivia night will be themed like a bachelorette party with games for attendees.

The Savant Project’s walls are always changing. Every month, new artwork by local artists is featured inside the restaurant, Orr said.

With more than 1,000 fans on Facebook, The Savant Project’s fan base is growing. Through the page, fans can find out what events are happening when as well as RSVP. The page even has a tagline: “The more you dance, the more you romance.”

More information on The Savant Project can be found at Thesavantproject.com or on Facebook by searching The Savant Project.

Located on 1625 Tremont St., right off of the Brigham Circle Green Line stop, The Savant Project is open from 11:30 a.m. until midnight, Monday through Wednesday and Sunday, and until 1 a.m. Thursday through Saturday.