Husky Happenings

Man shot on Saint Alphonsus Street

A man was shot in the back around 3:15 p.m. Wednesday outside the Mission Church Grammar School at 94 Saint Alphonsus Street. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, according to Boston Police Department (BPD) spokesperson Eddy Crispin. BPD said the suspect, identified as a thin man between 20 and 25 years old, was seen fleeing the scene of the crime in a dark gray BMW.

– Colin Young, News Staff

Teenager robbed at gunpoint in Ruggles

A 14-year-old was robbed at gunpoint Wednesday, March 9 in the Ruggles T station. According to Transit Police, the teen used Facebook to arrange a meeting to sell his Air Jordan sneakers to another teen at 2:30 p.m. While waiting for the other teen to arrive, the victim was approached by five unknown teens, three of whom had guns. The five unknown teens stole the victim’s BlackBerry, wallet, Charlie Card and his backpack, which contained the Air Jordan sneakers. A 15-year-old from West Roxbury and two 16-year-olds from Dorchester, whose names were not released because they are minors, were arrested March 10 in connection to the robbery.

– Colin Young, News Staff

NU alumnus makes presentation to Obama

Northeastern alumnus and US Archivist David Ferriero presented President Barack Obama Monday with his first volume of Public Papers in the Oval Office. Ferriero graduated from Northeastern with both a bachelor’s and master’s in English literature. He worked in the humanities library at Massachusetts Institute of Technology for 31 years, eventually holding the positions of associate director for public services and acting co-director of libraries. Ferriero was confirmed Nov. 6, 2009 as the 10th Archivist of the United States.

– Zac Estrada, News Staff