Event calendar: Jan. 10-16

Compiled by Sara Tucker, News Staff

FEATURE: Saturday, Jan. 12
Join the trainers of Ultimate Bootcamp on Saturday at 9 a.m. for a free workout on the lawn at Boston Common. These certified trainers will show participants how to get in shape for marathon events, or even just how to work off that dinner from last night. The workout is open to all members of the Boston community and will feature obstacle courses, relays, drills and conditioning. All are welcome, but online registration is necessary.
84 Beacon St.; 9 a.m.; free; www.ultimatebootcamp.com

Thursday, Jan. 10
For the fashion lovers on campus: get out your sky high stilettos for a party thrown in your honor – the Smiling Stiletto event at the Wild Rover club. The ladies’ Smiling Stiletto organization has booked out the second floor of the club for women and their heels (and their dates). There will be a “Best-in-Shoe” contest, so come ready to compete and strut down the runway. Those without heels are welcome to attend, and food will be served all night.
61 Chatham St.; 6:30 p.m.; free; www.smilingstiletto.com

Friday, Jan. 11
Like “50 Shades of Grey?” Can’t get enough of the racy trilogy? Well the famous Wilbur Theatre has taken care of that, with their new risqué comedy show SPANK! The show has received countless reviews boasting its hilarious and raunchy nature, and the main actor is apparently to die for. A special cocktail just for the show has been created for those aged 21 and up, so show up early to partake in the festivities and have your picture taken with the star of the show.
246 Tremont St.; 7:30 p.m.; $35; www.thewilburtheatre.com/shows

Sunday, Jan. 13
Those interested in exploring Boston, exercising or meeting new people can participate in the free Winter Wellness Walk at Harvard’s Arnold Arboretum. Guides will explain ways to stay fit and active even in the Boston cold and describe a bit of the scenery as well. Bring a friend or go alone, but dress warmly and be prepared to meet new people.
125 Arborway; 1 p.m.; free; www.arboretum.harvard.edu

Monday, Jan. 14
For students and faculty who have never seen the famous Fenway Park, now is your chance, with a bit of a twist. Through the end of February, the park is offering a Winter Light Show on the 4, 5 and 6 p.m. tours, wherein the park will be lit up for your viewing pleasure, all with a bit of history about the park. Visit the huge Red Sox store across the street while you wait.
4 Yawkey Way; 6 p.m.; $15; boston.redsox.mlb.com

Tuesday, Jan. 15
Interested in living off campus next year but not sure where to live? Northeastern is hosting an Apartment Hunting 101 event, which caters to students considering moving off campus. The event allows students to ask questions about the process and how it differs from living on campus, as well as information about the different possible off campus venues.
106 West Village G; 6 p.m.; free; www.northeastern.edu/offcampus/

Wednesday, Jan. 16
For unfailing hockey fans, the lockout is finally over. And now it’s time to celebrate. Game On! located next to Fenway Park is hosting a Bruins-themed hockey party during which past highlights will be reviewed and games will be watched. Free tickets and giveaways are available all night in addition to free wings. Even if you’re not a hockey fan, everyone loves free food.
82 Lansdowne St.; 7:30 p.m.; free; gameonboston.com