Crime Log: Feb. 16 – Feb. 21

Compiled by Stephanie Eisemann, news staff

CRIME OF THE WEEK: Saturday, Feb. 20

1:22 a.m. 

A man passed out near the elevators on the second floor of East Village was reported. Northeastern University Police Department (NUPD) responded and requested Emergency Medical Services (EMS) for the Northeastern University (NU) student, who was intoxicated but conscious and alert with a bump and cut on his forehead. The student gave NUPD access to his residence in East Village, where they found 10 bottles of Captain Morgan, nine of which appeared empty. EMS responded and transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The Residence Director (RD) on call was notified. NUPD provided a return escort for the student at 4:13 a.m.

Tuesday, Feb. 16

8:24 p.m. 

While following up on a different case, NUPD reported finding and confiscating less than 1 ounce of marijuana from two residents of 115 St. Stephen St.

9:45 p.m. 

A proctor in International Village reported a passerby had identified an intoxicated male in the classroom area restroom. NUPD spoke with the subject, who was unaffiliated with NU, and found he was conscious and alert. They also found he had no active warrants. He was sent on his way with a written trespassing warning.

10:53 p.m.

An NU student reported his backpack and laptop computer were stolen from Snell Library. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Feb. 17

11:32 a.m. 

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Center notified NUPD staff was detaining a shoplifter. NUPD responded and checked the NU student for priors and warrants with negative results. The student was then banned from both Wollaston’s Markets on campus and escorted out of the building. A report was filed.

9:42 p.m.

An NU student reported her wallet was stolen from Ryder Hall. A report was filed.

Thursday, Feb. 18

8:33 p.m. 

An NU student in Willis Hall contacted NUPD to report he had been drinking and needed assistance. NUPD responded and spoke to the student, who also asked for help from the responding officers. EMS responded and transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The RD on call was advised.

Friday, Feb. 19

4:17 a.m. 

An NU student called NUPD to report an intoxicated man, who she did not know well, refusing to leave her apartment on Columbus Avenue. Boston Police Department was also notified, as the residence was off campus. Officers reported an intoxicated, 21-year-old Tufts University student was present and requested EMS. NUPD handcuffed the subject at 4:28 a.m. EMS arrived at 4:31 a.m. and transported him to Brigham and Women’s Hospital. The subject will be charged with two counts of assault and battery with a deadly weapon on NUPD and two counts of assault and battery on EMS personnel. Tufts Police Department was notified at 4:55 a.m.   

Saturday, Feb. 20

12:58 a.m. 

A friend reported an NU student in Stetson East was intoxicated and needed assistance. NUPD responded and requested EMS, which arrived and transported the subject to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The RD on call was notified.

3:09 a.m.  

An intoxicated student was reported by her roommate in Melvin Hall. NUPD spoke to the NU student and requested EMS for evaluation. The student declined services from EMS by signing a waiver, as she became conscious and alert.

12:27 p.m.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Center called NUPD to report they were attempting to stop a female shoplifter who had fled down Forsyth Street towards Hemenway Street and then took a left towards the Museum of Fine Arts. NUPD stopped a person matching her description on Hemenway Street in front of the daycare playground. She was found to have no active warrants. NUPD reported she was in possession of several items from the store that were not paid for. The subject will be summonsed to Roxbury District Court for shoplifting. NUPD banned the subject from all NU property.

8:19 p.m. 

An NUPD officer requested assistance with the driver of a Massachusetts vehicle on Leon Street near Willis Hall. The driver, unaffiliated with NU, was approaching NUPD in an aggressive manner. The subject had no active warrants. Massachusetts Police Department responded to cite the driver, and the subject was taken into custody by NUPD at 9:07 p.m. for driving to endanger, failure to stop, one-way violation, possession of an open container in a motor vehicle and failure of a sobriety test. The vehicle was towed, and NUPD transported the subject to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority headquarters.

11:15 p.m. 

An intoxicated woman sitting on the sidewalk of Columbus Avenue was reported. The NU student was identified by NUPD, and EMS was requested. EMS responded and transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The RD on call was notified.

11:53 p.m. 

An anonymous woman reported a college-age female vomiting outside Kariotis Hall. NUPD responded and reported the woman was an NU student, who was conscious and alert. She admitted to drinking earlier in the evening and signed a medical waiver.

Sunday, Feb. 21

12:51 a.m. 

A friend reported an intoxicated student at an off-campus location in need of medical attention. NUPD responded and requested EMS for the NU student. EMS responded and transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Center. The RD on call was notified.

2:53 p.m.

A staff member in Matthews Arena reported some high school hockey players could not find their phones. NUPD spoke with two Arlington High School students and confirmed that both had their cellphones stolen earlier in the day. A report was filed.