Crime log: Oct. 31 – Nov. 6

Compiled by Stephanie Eisemann, news staff

Crime of the week: Sunday, Nov. 6

A resident assistant (RA) said she smelled a strong odor of burnt food while doing rounds on the first floor of 10 Coventry St. The Northeastern University Police Department (NUPD) responded to the residence the smell was coming from and with permission from the Patrol Supervisor (PS) entered the room to find burnt food on the stove and an unresponsive, potentially intoxicated man in his bed. Boston Emergency Medical Services (EMS) was notified and transported the Northeastern University (NU) student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. NUPD reported confiscating one Massachusetts ID. The Residence Director (RD) was notified.  

Monday, Oct. 31

An NU student called to report his front license plate was stolen from the lot of 140 The Fenway. A report was filed.

An NU staff member reported three juveniles attempting to steal a bike from the bike racks outside West Village A.NUPD responded and reported stopping the individuals, all of whom were identified as unaffiliated with NU, and each was banned from the property and sent on their way.  A report was filed.

An NU staff member called to report a student was assaulted off campus on Saturday, Oct. 29. NUPD and Boston Police Department (BPD) responded to meet with the student. A report was filed.

NU School of Law staff members called to report multiple “Black Lives Matter” signs had been ripped down from the basement of Cargill Hall. A report was filed.

An NU student called to report her friend, also an NU student, had her wallet stolen from inside Panera Bread on Huntington Avenue about 20 minutes prior to report. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his textbook was stolen from Snell Engineering Center. A report was filed.

Tuesday, Nov. 1

An NU student called to report his motor vehicle, registered to California, was broken into while parked on Parker Street near West Village A. His backpack was stolen from the vehicle. NUPD responded and reported the driver’s side window was smashed in. BPD was on the scene and assumed jurisdiction.

NUPD confiscated a fake ID belonging to an NU student. It was found with lost property that had been turned in. A report was filed.

An NU student called to report his vehicle, registered to in California, was damaged while parked in Renaissance Park Garage sometime over the previous ten days. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Nov. 2

NUPD reported graffiti on the rear of White Hall. Facilities were notified and a report was filed.

An NU student reported an unknown person brushed against her while riding the Green Line and she later discovered her wallet was missing. Transit Police were notified and both Transit Police and NUPD responded for a report. A report was filed.

Thursday, Nov. 3

NUPD reported graffiti outside of Light Hall. A report was filed.

NUPD reported stopping a man unaffiliated with NU who was pushing a Schwinn bicycle with one wheel down Forsyth Street. NUPD reported that the man said he found the bike. NUPD confiscated the bike and sent him on his way. A report was filed.

NUPD reported attempting to stop a man in Carter Park who fled on foot from NUPD and was then stopped by NUPD near Carter School and discovered that he was unaffiliated with NU but had a positive criminal history and four active warrants. NUPD placed the man under arrest for the warrants and reported he will be charged with possession of a Class B drug after NUPD confiscated a small amount of methamphetamine. A report was filed.

Vanguard Staff called to report a homeless man entered Columbus Garage and refused to leave. NUPD responded and reported the man started to leave but ended up walking in traffic. He was unaffiliated with NU and found to have a positive criminal history. EMS responded due to the man’s altered mental status and state of intoxication, as well as his history of epilepsy. EMS transported the man to Boston Medical Center and NUPD reported that he will be summonsed to court for disorderly conduct. A report was filed.

Friday, Nov. 4

NUPD received a report of a man sleeping on the chairs next to the freight elevators on the second floor of Curry Student Center. NUPD responded and spoke with the man, who was unaffiliated with NU, and found that in May the subject had been banned from all NU property. He will be summoned to court. The man was escorted from the building and sent on his way.

An NU staff member reported purchases were charged on her Santander credit card. A report was filed.

A student reported he has been receiving phone calls from an unknown person threatening to turn off his power. The student was in contact with Eversource and they reported no one from the company had called. The caller was looking for $398 to be delivered to a location on Massachusetts Avenue and threatened the power would be cut off in approximately 45 minutes. The student did not give the caller any money.

Sunday, Nov. 6

An RA in White Hall stated an NU student was throwing up in the fifth floor men’s room due to alcohol consumption. NUPD responded and reported the student was conscious and semi-alert. NUPD requested EMS and EMS transported him to Tufts Medical Center. The RD was notified and NUPD provided a return escort for the student at 5:39 a.m.

An NU student told NUPD that he and his friend – an eighteen year old NU student — – went to the Bijou Night Club the previous night for drinks and observed possible suspicious activity.  NUPD met with the student in the lobby of Speare Hall for the report. A report was filed.