CRIME LOG: JAN. 23 – JAN. 29

Compiled by Stephanie Eisemann, news staff

Crime of the Week: Sunday, Jan. 29

Northeastern University Police Department (NUPD) reported an intoxicated person crawling on the ground in front of 10 Coventry St. Emergency Medical Services (EMS) was requested for man, who was a Northeastern University (NU) student. EMS cleared him and he said he planned to spend the night in his room. A report was filed.

Monday, Jan. 23

An NU staff member called to report signs of an attempted burglary at Knowles Center. NUPD responded and reported slash marks on the door and pieces of a utility knife on the ground. The door knob was also broken. A report was filed.

An NU student called to report the violation of a no contact order issued by the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR). A report was filed.

An NU student called to report his Rolex valued at $2,000 was stolen from the bathroom in Light Hall. A report was filed.

NUPD reported stopping two people on the fourth floor of the Curry Student Center unaffiliated with NU. They were smoking marijuana in the fourth floor gender neutral bathroom and a small amount of the substance was confiscated. A report was filed.

An NU student called to report two men throwing things at her in Curry Student Center. The student reported she has had trouble with the subjects in the past and the day prior they had thrown paper balls at her and called her derogatory names. NUPD responded and reported four men running out of Curry toward Snell Library. NUPD stopped a man on the Egan Access Road and banned him from all NU property before sending him on his way.  A report was filed.

An NU student called to report he lost control of an NU athletic van in Weymouth, Massachusetts and struck a pole. No injuries occurred to either the student driver or the nine student passengers but there was extensive damage to the vehicle. Todisco Towing was notified to tow the van to the university auto shop and a report was filed.

Tuesday, Jan. 24

An NU student called to report his Husky Card was used without his permission at the vending machines in Speare Hall the previous day. A report was filed.

An NU bookstore staff member called to report two larcenies of electronic book access codes. NUPD responded and reported the two NU students who had redeemed the codes. A report was filed.

An NU student called to report a minor motor vehicle accident in the West Village Garage. NUPD responded and reported two NU students were operating vehicles in the garage when damage occurred. No injuries and minor vehicle damage were reported. NUPD reported the subjects exchanged insurance information and left the area. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Jan. 25

An NU student called to report they had been receiving harassing emails from a subject unaffiliated with NU. A report was filed.

A Chartwells manager called to report a Massachusetts registered vehicle belonging to a person unaffiliated with NU had backed into an NU owned box truck in International Village (IV) Quad. A large scratch on the bumper of the car was reported. No damage was done to the truck and a report was filed.

A confidential lewd behavior case occurred on campus.

Thursday, Jan. 26

NUPD received a general fire alarm for Speare Hall and responded. There was a faint odor of smoke in the area and Boston Fire Department (BFD) was present. NUPD reported an unknown party set fire to the name tag on the door of a room. The fire was extinguished, the alarm reset and a report was filed.

Friday, Jan. 27

NUPD reported observing an unknown person sleeping inside Curry Student Center behind a partition. Officers spoke with the individual unaffiliated with NU and issued a verbal warning about trespassing before escorting the subject off NU property. A report was filed.

An NU student reported a restraining order violation off campus. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his unattended backpack was stolen from IV two days prior to report. A report was filed.

Saturday, Jan. 28

A proctor in West Village G called to report allowing an NU student, who appeared to be intoxicated, into a room in the building, accompanied by another student. NUPD responded and reported the subject was intoxicated and semi-conscious. EMS was notified and transported the subject to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for further evaluation. The Residence Director (RD) was notified and a report was filed.

An NU student reported an FBI phone scam. A report was filed.

The RD in Speare Hall called to report a harassing message written on the community bulletin board on the building’s first floor. A report was filed.

Sunday, Jan. 29

A proctor in West Village C called to report an intoxicated female student signing in two women. NUPD responded and reported the student was conscious and alert but under the age of 21. A report was filed.

An Allied Officer called to report an intoxicated subject inside the lobby of 337 Huntington Ave. NUPD responded and reported the NU student was conscious and alert but under the age of 21. A report was filed.

A Resident Advisor (RA) in IV called to report an NU student awoke to a man in her room who then abruptly exited through the bathroom door. NUPD responded and reported the student was unharmed. A report was filed.

An NU student called to report a suspicious man in Dodge Hall. NUPD responded and checked the area with negative results. A report was filed.