CRIME LOG: FEB. 6 – FEB. 12

Compiled by Jill Sojourner, news correspondent

Monday, Feb. 6

7:02 a.m. 

A Northeastern University (NU) staff member called operations to report an ongoing issue of possible lewd behavior in a men’s bathroom in Mugar Life Sciences Building. Northeastern University Police Department (NUPD) responded, and a report was filed.

9:58 p.m.

An NU student reported the violation of an active restraining order. A report was filed.

Tuesday, Feb. 7

4:20 a.m. 

A Vanguard employee reported vandalism in the basement of International Village (IV). NUPD responded and reported that two plastic signs were ripped off the walls, as well as a Title IX information sheet. Additionally, “I was here” was written inside the gender neutral bathroom. A report was filed.

9:43 a.m.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Center called operations to report detaining a college-aged male who was observed shoplifting. NUPD responded, and reported that the subject was banned from both Wollaston’s markets, and sent on his way.  

1:44 p.m. 

An NU staff member called operations to report a man passed out in the lobby of Ryder Hall. NUPD responded and reported the man was breathing but unresponsive. Emergency Medical Services (EMS) was notified. The man was unaffiliated with NU and was found to have a criminal history and two active warrants. The man was transported to Brigham and Women’s Hospital for further evaluation, and was later placed under arrest for the two warrants.

3:13 p.m.

An NU student reported that he was being harassed by an individual unaffiliated with NU. A report was filed.

4:37 p.m. 

An NU staff member called operations to report that he had witnessed an unknown person attempt to enter his office in West Village H before leaving the area in an unknown direction. A report was filed.

7:45 p.m.

An NU student called operations to report fraudulent charges appearing on her credit card. A report was filed.

9:51 p.m.

Staff at Wollaston’s Market in West Village called operations to report a male shoplifter in the store. NUPD responded and reported speaking with the subject, an NU student, who was found to have a positive criminal history. NUPD reported that the student was banned from both Wollaston’s and was sent on his way. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Feb. 8

7:07 a.m. 

A passerby reported witnessing a hit-and-run of a pedestrian at the corner of Columbus Avenue and Benton Street. The witness reported that the car was a brown minivan. NUPD responded and reported that the victim, unaffiliated with NU, was conscious, but bleeding from a small cut on her head. Boston Police Department (BPD) and EMS were notified and assumed jurisdiction. Boston EMS reported that the victim refused all medical attention and transport to a hospital. A report was filed.

11:00 a.m. 

Two NU students reported an attempted break-and-enter into their apartment on the night of Feb. 7. A report was filed.

1:11 p.m. 

An NU staff member reported a hit-and-run that took place in the Matthews Arena parking lot. A report was filed.

1:27 p.m.

An NU student reported his backpack was stolen from his off-campus apartment on Feb. 7. A report was filed.

9:16 p.m.

A Kennedy Hall resident assistant (RA) reported observing graffiti on a dry-erase board in the lobby. NUPD responded and reported that the RA had erased the graffiti prior to their arrival. A report was filed.

Thursday, Feb. 9

11:41 a.m.

An allied officer called operations to report her unattended bag was stolen from the Robinson Lot. A report was filed.

Friday, Feb. 10

2:12 a.m. 

An NU student called to report that he met an unknown woman on a dating site, and after Skyping with her, she threatened to post videos of him unless he paid her money. A report was filed.

5:04 a.m. 

An Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions manager called to report two different vehicles parked in Columbus Garage with the same plates. A report was filed.

1:32 p.m. 

A residence director (RD) called operations to report that an individual impersonating an RA, wearing a Residential Life shirt, had approached her. No further description of the individual was reported. A report was filed.

2:34 p.m. 

An NU student called to report a phone scam. He reported receiving a phone call stating that if he didn’t make an $1,800 payment, the police would come to his residence and arrest him. He also stated that the caller told him that there was a warrant out for his arrest. A report was filed.

11:11 p.m.

A White Hall RA called to report the odor of marijuana coming from a room. NUPD responded and confiscated less than one ounce of marijuana and drug paraphernalia from residents of the room. A report was filed.

Saturday, Feb. 11

12:49 a.m.

The proctor at 337 Huntington Avenue called to report signing in an NU student and his guest, who was unaffiliated with NU and appeared intoxicated. NUPD responded and reported that the guest was breathing on her own, but was not responsive. EMS was notified, and the guest was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

1:04 a.m.

An individual unaffiliated with NU called to report that two students were intoxicated and were in-and-out of consciousness in front of IV. NUPD responded and requested EMS to the scene. EMS transported both students to Boston Medical Center. The RD was notified. A report was filed.

1:16 a.m.

A Kennedy Hall RA called to report two intoxicated students were attempting to enter a Kennedy Hall room. NUPD responded and requested Boston EMS. EMS transported one student to Brigham and Women’s Hospital. The RD was notified. A report was filed.

2:12 a.m.

A Kerr Hall RA called to report an intoxicated female in the fifth-floor bathroom of Kerr Hall. Officers responded and reported speaking with the student, who was conscious and alert, but under the age of 21. A report was filed.

4:26 a.m.

An NU student called with a noise complaint for a 407 Huntington Avenue apartment. NUPD responded and spoke with two students, who agreed to keep the noise down. A report was filed.

11:17 a.m. 

A Speare Hall RA called to report that a student with the same name had been stealing his packages from the ResMail located in Speare Hall. He stated that this was the fourth time this had happened. A report was filed.

7:29 p.m. 

An NU student called to report four male juveniles, two wearing white Halloween-style masks, jumped out and screamed at her. NUPD responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

10:40 p.m.

An RA called to report a male wearing a blue sweatshirt who appeared to be staggering and yelling outside her window. NUPD responded and reported locating a male wearing a blue blazer in front of the Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering Complex. Officers requested EMS for the NU grad student who appeared to be under the influence of drugs. EMS responded and transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The RD was notified. A report was filed.

Sunday, Feb. 12

2:45 a.m.

NUPD officers reported an intoxicated female at the corner of Forsyth Street and Huntington Avenue by Marino Center. EMS was requested for the student, who was transported to Boston Medical Center. The RD was notified. A report was filed.

2:58 a.m.

NUPD Officers reported an intoxicated male in front of East Village. EMS was requested, and the student was transported to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The RD was notified. A report was filed.