CRIME LOG: MARCH 13 – MARCH 19

Monday, March 13

A Vanguard Parking Services staff member called operations to report that there was a vehicle on level two of the Columbus Garage with a fake parking decal. A report was filed.

A Northeastern University Police Department (NUPD) detective reported receiving information from the Boston Police Department (BPD) that a Northeastern University (NU) student was arrested Feb. 25 at the Liberty Hotel for disorderly conduct and trespassing. A report was filed.

An NU staff member called operations to report that multiple offices in Lake Hall may have been broken into over the weekend. NUPD responded and reported that several offices had items moved, but that nothing was removed from the area. Officers further reported that a computer screen was knocked over and damaged. A report was filed.

A Vanguard Parking Services staff member called operations to report a minor motor vehicle accident on the ground level of Columbus Garage. A report was filed.

An NU student reported that her bicycle was stolen during spring break. A report was filed.

An NU student called operations to report that her laptop and sunglasses were stolen from West Village G after they were left unattended. A report was filed.

Tuesday, March 14

A Resident Assistant (RA) called operations to report that one of her suitemates was intoxicated and vomiting. NUPD responded and reported that the student was conscious and alert and requested Boston Emergency Medical Services (EMS). EMS responded and transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The Residence Director (RD) on duty was notified. A report was filed.

An RA called operations to report genitalia and offensive language directed at the resident of a room drawn on a dry-erase board in East Village. NUPD responded and reported speaking with the residents of the room, who were not offended by the drawing. A report was filed.

Wednesday, March 15

An NU student reported possible mail or check fraud. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Center reported that he was detaining a shoplifter. NUPD responded and reported speaking to the subject, an NU student. The student was banned from both Wollaston’s Markets and sent on her way. A report was filed.

An NU student reported noticing three fraudulent charges on his bank statement totaling more than $4,000. A report was filed.

An NU staff member called operations to report that an NU student was currently being threatened over the phone by an unknown male. NUPD responded and reported that the party told the student that her brother was in a car accident and that he would not be released until the student paid for his release. The student did not provide any personal information to the party. A report was filed.

An NU student called operations to report receiving a call from an unknown party claiming to be an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent, who requested iTunes gift cards as payments in exchange for the student to avoid deportation. A report was filed.

An NU student called operations to report that he was contacted by phone by an unknown party claiming to work for the government. NUPD responded and reported that the student did not provide the caller with any personal information or money.

Thursday, March 16

An NU student reported an online scam. A report was filed.

An NU student reported that her book bag was stolen from Holmes Hall after it was left unattended. A report was filed.

An NU student reported receiving a call from a party claiming to be from the state department who requested money in exchange for the student to avoid deportation. A report was filed.

Friday, March 17

An RD called operations to report inappropriate language on the door of a room in Light Hall. NUPD responded and reported speaking with the resident of the room, who stated that he and his roommate believed it was a joke one of their friends was playing. NUPD further reported that neither student was offended by what was written. A report was filed.

An NU student reported a scam, stating she received a check at her off-campus residence located at 149 Park Drive. She deposited the check, which was in the amount of $3,200, and later received notification from her bank that the check was fraudulent. A report was filed.

An NU staff member called operations to report that there were three subjects outside of the Snell Library entrance smoking cigarettes. He reported further that when he asked them to put the cigarettes out, they refused and one of the subjects threw a lit cigarette at him. NUPD responded and reported searching the area with negative results. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Center called operations to report that he was speaking with a shoplifter who was being cooperative. NUPD responded and reported speaking to the subject, an NU student, who admitted attempting to steal. NUPD reported that the student was banned from both of the market’s on-campus locations and sent on his way. A report was filed.

An RA called operations to report that he observed drug paraphernalia in a Willis Hall room. NUPD responded and reported confiscating marijuana in addition to the paraphernalia. A report was filed.

Saturday, March 18

The proctor at Burstein Hall called operations to report that an NU student reported a man sleeping in front of her room. NUPD responded and requested Boston EMS, and reported that the subject, an NU student, was unresponsive. Boston EMS transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The RD on duty was notified. A report was filed.

An NU student called operations to report that he gave out personal information when applying for an apartment rental and later believed that it was a scam. A report was filed.

An RA called operations to report responding to a room in West Village A for a student who had locked herself out and was highly intoxicated and having trouble walking. NUPD responded and reported speaking to the student, who was conscious but not alert. Boston EMS arrived and cleared the student, who signed a medical waiver. NUPD reported that the student would be left in the care of her roommate, who was advised to contact NUPD if any further assistance was needed. A report was filed.

Sunday, March 19

NUPD responded to a call reporting an intoxicated NU student in front of Kennedy Hall that was having trouble standing. NUPD responded and requested Boston EMS. Boston EMS arrived and cleared the student, who was sent on his way. A report was filed.

The proctor at Willis Hall called operations to report that there was an intoxicated female vomiting in the lobby. NUPD responded and reported that the female was conscious but not responsive. Boston EMS arrived, and transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The RD on duty was notified. A report was filed.

An NU student called operations to report that her friend, also an NU student, was intoxicated and in need of an evaluation. NUPD responded, and notified BPD and Boston EMS, who cleared the student, who declined all medical attention. A report was filed.

An NU staff member called operations to report the violation of a no-contact order between two students. The staff member reported that student A reached out to her reporting that student B was sending him harassing text messages and leaving voicemails all weekend. A report was filed.

The proctor at Davenport A called operations to report inappropriate language scratched into the door of a room, reporting further that the residents of the room were offended by the language. A report was filed.

A Boston Special Police Officer called operations to report that while conducting routine patrols, an NU student was cited for an open container violation in addition to being under the legal drinking age of 21. NUPD reported that the student would not be summonsed for the incident, and that the beer was confiscated. The student was sent on his way. A report was filed.