Crime Log: Monday, Feb. 12 — Sunday, Feb. 18

Compiled by Jill Sojourner, news staff

Monday, Feb. 11

An NU student reported being approached recently by a person belonging to a religious group and being uncomfortable with the interaction. The student suggested that the group may be affiliated with a human trafficking ring. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student shoplifted a bottle of soap. The Northeastern University Police Department, or NUPD, responded and reported banning the student from both Wollaston’s Market locations and sending her on her way. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his unattended laptop was stolen from the Forsyth building Feb. 8. A report was filed.

Tuesday, Feb. 13

An individual reported her unattended credit card was stolen from her desk in Renaissance Park Feb. 12. A report was filed.

Friday, Feb. 16

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Recreation Center reported a man, who was unaffiliated with NU, shoplifted. NUPD responded and reported arresting the man for two warrants. A report was filed.

An NUPD officer reported stopping a man, who was unaffiliated with NU, in front of West Village F after he was observed walking with two bicycles. The man was found to have a criminal history, and one bicycle was confiscated. A report was filed.

Saturday, Feb. 17

The proctor at Speare Hall reported an NU student entered the building with a guest who appeared to be intoxicated. NUPD responded and reported requesting Emergency Medical Services, or EMS, for the guest, who arrived and cleared them. A report was filed.

Sunday, Feb. 18

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student shoplifted. NUPD responded and reported the student was cooperative, and sent him on his way without incident. A report was filed.

A Facilities Division staff member reported a disoriented man who was crying and appeared to be trapped in an elevator in Columbus Place. NUPD responded and reported the elevator doors opened immediately and the man, who was unaffiliated with NU, stepped out. NUPD requested EMS for an evaluation. The man appeared intoxicated and said he was previously treated for alcohol and drug abuse, but could not confirm whether he had recently taken any illicit substances. EMS transported him to the hospital for further evaluation. A report was filed.