Crime Log: Monday, March 19 — Sunday, March 25

Compiled by Jill Sojourner, news staff

Monday, March 19

The manager at Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student shoplifted. NUPD responded and reported banning the student from both Wollaston’s Market locations and sending him on his way. A report was filed.

A lab supervisor reported a computer monitor was stolen from a room in Churchill Hall. A report was filed.

A confidential rape case occurred off campus. A report was filed.

A resident assistant, or RA, reported finding a covered smoke detector in a room in West Village G while conducting a health and safety inspection. A report was filed.

Tuesday, March 20

The manager at Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student shoplifted and was uncooperative. NUPD responded and reported the student paid for his items. NUPD further reported banning the student from both Wollaston’s Market locations. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her roommate, also an NU student, stole $2,000 in cash and a cellphone from her. A report was filed.

Wednesday, March 21

An RA reported finding drug paraphernalia inside an apartment on Symphony Road while conducting a health and safety inspection. NUPD responded and reported confiscating the paraphernalia. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Recreation Center reported a man, who was unaffiliated with NU, shoplifted. NUPD responded and reported banning the man from both Wollaston’s Market locations and sending him on his way. A report was filed.

An RA reported observing a covered smoke detector in a room in International Village, or IV, while conducting a health and safety inspection. A report was filed.

Thursday, March 22

NUPD officers reported speaking to an NU student in Ell Hall, who was found to have a criminal history and a warrant for his arrest. NUPD further reported placing him under arrest for the warrant. A report was filed.

An RA reported finding drug paraphernalia in a room in IV while conducting a health and safety inspection. NUPD responded and reported confiscating the paraphernalia. A report was filed.

A confidential rape case occurred on campus. A report was filed.

Friday, March 23

A residence director, or RD, reported finding a covered smoke detector in a room in Melvin Hall while conducting a health and safety inspection. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in the Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student shoplifted. NUPD responded and reported banning the student from both Wollaston’s Market locations and sending him on his way. A report was filed.

An NUPD officer reported an individual, who was affiliated with NU stated a group of kids were trying to fight him with possible weapons involved. Additional NUPD officers responded and reported there were no weapons. NUPD further reported checking the area and stopping two suspects in the West Village area. The Boston Police Department was notified. A report was filed.

Sunday, March 25

An individual reported an intoxicated NU student was vomiting and stumbling. NUPD responded and reported requesting Emergency Medical Services, or EMS, who transported the student to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The RD was notified. A report was filed.

The proctor at White Hall reported an NU student was extremely intoxicated and that his friend, also an NU student, reported he was unconscious and hit his head when he rolled out of bed. EMS responded and reported transporting the student to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The RD was notified. A report was filed.

An individual reported a man sleeping in a classroom on the second floor of the Behrakis Health Sciences Center. NUPD responded and reported stopping the man, who was unaffiliated with NU, placing him under arrest for two warrants and banning him from all NU property. A report was filed.

An RA reported finding a covered smoke detector in a room in IV while conducting a health and safety inspection. NUPD responded and reported removing a plastic bag covering the smoke detector. A report was filed.