Crime Log: Monday, February 18 to Sunday, February 24

Sully Barrett, news staff

Monday, Feb. 18

An NU student reported his wallet and cell phone were stolen from a bench outside Curry Student Center. A report was filed.

An NU student reported to staff at the Columbus Parking Garage that his vehicle was broken into. Officers reported no damage on the vehicle and nothing was stolen. A report was filed.

An NU bookstore staff member reported a man stole several items. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his iPhone was stolen from Snell Library the previous day. A report was filed.

Tuesday, Feb. 19

An NU staff member reported her laptop was stolen from her office in Cargill Hall while she attended a meeting. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Feb. 20

An NU student reported his laptop was stolen from Ell Hall. A report was filed.

Thursday, Feb. 21

An NU student reported his backpack and laptop were stolen from Stetson East. A report was filed.

A Midtown Hotel staff member reported loud noise coming from a room. Officers responded and reported advising two NU students to keep the noise down. A report was filed.

Friday, Feb. 22

A proctor reported an intoxicated man in the lobby of International Village, or IV. Officers responded and identified the man as an NU student. Officers requested an ambulance for the student, who was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, or BIDMC. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported detaining an NU student for shoplifting. Officers responded and reported the student was cooperative and returned the stolen items. The student was banned from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.

An RA reported an intoxicated individual sitting on a bench outside Stetson West. Officers responded and reported confiscating a fake ID from the individual, who they identified as an NU student. The student was transported to BIDMC. A report was filed.

The Midtown Hotel manager reported a noise complaint for loud music coming from a room. Officers responded and reported the room was quiet when they arrived. The officers knocked several times with no answer. A report was filed.

A Wollaston’s Market staff member reported a man shoplifting. Officers responded and reported the man left with candy in his pocket. A report was filed.

Saturday, Feb. 23

The Midtown Hotel manager reported a loud noise coming from a room. Officers responded and reported sending all parties back to their rooms with a stern warning. A report was filed.

Two NU students reported their jackets were stolen from a bench in Centennial Common. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his highly intoxicated friend sitting upright and conscious but foaming at the mouth. Officers responded and reported requesting an ambulance for the student. The student was transported to BIDMC for further evaluation. A report was filed.

An NUPD officer reported checking on a sleeping individual while patrolling IV for criminal activity. The officer reported the individual, unaffiliated with NU, had five active warrants and may have broken her hand. The individual was transported to Boston Medical Center where officers placed her under arrest for the warrants. A report was filed.

A proctor reported an intoxicated guest who could not stand and did not have an ID. Officers responded, and the guest was transported to BIDMC. A report was filed.

Sunday, Feb. 24

A proctor reported an intoxicated NU student entering IV. Officers responded and reported the student was oriented. Officers reported the student was cleared by medical services. A report was filed.

An officer reported stopping a car after it crossed double lines to pass another vehicle. The officer identified the driver as unaffiliated with NU and placed them under arrest for an active warrant. A report was filed.