Crime Log: Monday, February 25 to Sunday, March 3

Sully Barrett, news staff

Tuesday, Feb. 26

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported that an NU student shoplifted after paying for some items. Officers responded to the student’s residence and reported banning him from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.

An NU employee reported a homeless man being loud and disruptive in Egan Research Center. Officers responded and identified the man as unaffiliated with NU. Officers placed the man under arrest for trespassing. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Feb. 27

An NU staff member reported his backpack, containing his wallet, was stolen from his office in Churchill Hall. A report was filed.

Officers responded to a fire alarm in Davenport B. The chief security officer responded and reported burnt food in the room and the smoke detector was covered. Officers responded and removed the bag from the smoke detector. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his wallet was stolen from an athletic van on Feb. 24. A report was filed.

An NU student reported cashing a check for an unknown party which resulted in him losing $2,300. A report was filed.

Thursday, Feb. 28

Northeast Security reported finding a wallet at Ruggles Station. Officers reported examining the wallet and finding multiple Husky IDs and a fake ID. A report was filed.

Friday, March 1

Officers observed two suspicious individuals in the Renaissance Parking Garage who were seen earlier around International Village. They were identified as unaffiliated with NU. Officers banned one of the individuals from all NU property and placed the the other under arrest for active warrants for distribution of Class B substances. Officers also searched the man and found a large amount of Class B and Class E substances. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the Columbus Parking Garage. A report was filed.

A fire safety staff member reported seeing an ashtray of burnt cigarettes and a fan blowing air out the window while responding to a burning smell in West Village H. Officers responded and reported advising the students not to smoke in the room. A report was filed.

A proctor reported an NU student tried to sneak a guest into West Village B after attempting to sign in with an invalid ID. Officers responded and reported the student admitted to letting a person into the building without signing in. A report was filed.

Saturday, March 2

Multiple NU students reported a man, who claimed to work for Liberty Power Corporation, knocking on their doors and asking for a copy of their utility bills. Officers responded and reported checking the area with no sign of the man. A report was filed.

An NU student reported a man knocking on doors at 331 Huntington Ave. and claiming to be with the Attorney General’s office. A report was filed.

Sunday, March 3

An NU student reported two debit cards and $30 in cash were stolen from her coat in Snell Library. A report was filed.