Crime Log: Monday, Sept. 2 to Sunday, Sept. 8

Nico Malabuyo, news correspondent

Monday, Sept. 2

An individual reported observing a man and woman, unaffiliated with NU, twitching on a couch but breathing on their own in an alley near Fenway. Officers placed the man under arrest for an active warrant. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his gold chain was stolen from his room in Davenport A. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from outside White Hall. A report was filed.

Tuesday, Sept. 3

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the bike cage inside Renaissance Park Garage. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student stole several items earlier.  A report was filed.

A detective reported observing a man unaffiliated with NU, who appeared to have an envelope containing a white powdery substance, biking on Davenport Street. Officers reported the suspect had an active warrant and criminal record and placed him under arrest for possession of a Class A substance. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Sept. 4

An NU student reported observing a man lying unconscious in front of Cahners Hall. Officers identified the man as an NU student, who was unresponsive but breathing. Officers called an ambulance to transport the man to Tufts Medical Center for further assistance. A report was filed.

A detective reported observing a man in front of the Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex, or ISEC, who matched the description of a suspect from an unresolved case. Officers investigated the suspect internally and found an active trespass. Officers reported that the suspect admitted to stealing two bikes that had been reported missing at an earlier date. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his packages were stolen from outside 115 St. Stephen St. A report was filed.

Thursday, Sept. 5

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from outside ISEC. A report was filed. 

A bookstore staff member reported that a man unaffiliated with NU attempted to steal socks from the bookstore, but stopped when confronted by the manager. Officers reported that he did not steal anything, but had a previous charges of trespassing on NU property. A report was filed.

Friday, Sept. 6

An individual unaffiliated with NU reported his bike was stolen from outside Stetson West. A report was filed. 

A Wentworth Institute of Technology police officer reported transporting an NU student from their campus to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

A proctor in Davenport B reported a former NU student who had been previously banned from NU property attempting to sign into the building. Officers placed the woman under arrest for an active trespass and positive warrant. A report was filed.

Saturday, Sept. 7

A proctor in Stetson West reported observing two men in the lobby who appeared to be intoxicated. Officers reported speaking to the men and had them transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for further evaluation. A report was filed.

Sunday, Sept. 8

An officer reported observing two teenagers unaffiliated with NU attempting to steal three unsecured bicycles from outside Hayden Hall. Officers transported the bicycles back to headquarters and released the teenagers to their legal guardians. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his backpack was stolen from Levine Marketplace. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from Speare Place by two men. Officers reported pursuing the two suspects, who were last seen heading toward the Back Bay Fens. Officers stopped the men and reported that both have a positive criminal record. Officers charged the suspects with larceny, but were unable to locate the stolen bike. A report was filed.