Crime Log: Monday, Sept. 30 to Sunday, Oct. 7

Nico Malabuyo, news staff

Monday, Sept. 30

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the Snell Library bike racks. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported his bike tire was stolen from outside Snell Library. A report was filed. 

Tuesday, Oct. 1

An NU student reported a package was stolen from his residence at 136 Hemenway St. A report was filed.

A staff member at Snell Library reported observing a disorderly NU student entering the library, screaming and kicking furniture in the area then leaving before officers could arrive.  A report was filed. 

Wednesday, Oct. 2

A parking guard reported observing a man unaffiliated with NU entering a restroom in Davenport B. The guard reported the man entered the building without authorization and keyed into the side door of Davenport A upon leaving Davenport B. Officers reported checking the area with negative results, but found footage of the man leaving the area heading toward Tremont Street. A report was filed.

Thursday, Oct. 3

An NU student reported a package was stolen from his residence at 335 Huntington Ave. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the bike racks along Columbus Avenue. A report was filed.

Friday, Oct. 4

An NU student reported being followed by a man who was yelling incoherently and attempting to touch people on Ruggles Street. The student reported the man threatened and leaned on him and he believed the man may have been under the influence of drugs. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported observing a man unaffiliated with NU possibly displaying a firearm outside of Davenport A. Officers reported being unable to locate a firearm but that the man had a criminal record and had previously been banned from NU property. The man was issued another trespass warning for all NU property and was removed from the premises. A report was filed.

An individual unaffiliated with NU reported a saw was stolen from the EXP construction site at 809 Columbus Ave. A report was filed.

A staff member at Matthews Arena reported observing two individuals underneath the stairs on St. Botolph Street. Officers reported speaking with the two individuals and that one had a criminal record and an active warrant. The officer placed the individual under arrest for the warrant. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her unattended laptop was stolen from Ryder Hall. A report was filed.

Saturday, Oct. 5

A resident assistant, or RA, in Smith Hall reported finding an NU student who smelled of alcohol sleeping inside the building. The RA reported the student attempted to stop the RA while she contacted NUPD. Officers reported speaking to the student and called an ambulance. A report was filed.

An NU student reported observing an intoxicated student in the lobby of East Village. Officers requested an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for further assistance. A report was filed. 

Bikes stolen this semester: 27