Crime Log: Monday, Nov. 4 to Sunday, Nov. 10

Nico Malabuyo, news staff

Monday, Nov. 4

The manager of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported stopping a man unaffiliated with NU attempting to shoplift. Officers reported the man had a criminal record and banned him from all NU property. A report was filed. 

Tuesday, Nov. 5

A proctor in International Village reported their earbuds were stolen while on duty. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Nov. 6

An NU student reported two men grabbed her outside of International Village and cornered her friends in Ruggles Station. Officers reported checking the area for the suspects with negative results. A report was filed. 

A proctor in Hastings Hall reported that a man unaffiliated with NU was sleeping near the bathrooms. Officers reported the man had a criminal record and banned him from all NU property. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported her unattended bag was stolen from Shillman Hall. A report was filed.

Thursday, Nov. 7

The manager of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported a man unaffiliated with NU stole a drink. Officers reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed. 

The manager of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported stopping a shoplifter unaffiliated with NU. Officers reported the shoplifter had a criminal record and banned him from all NU property. A report was filed. 

A detective reported attempting to stop two NU students near Cahners Hall and that both students were seen entering Melvin Hall. Officers reported going to the students’ rooms to speak to them and confiscating a Class D substance. A report was filed. 

An RA in Stetson West reported observing an intoxicated student vomiting in the second floor bathroom. Officers requested an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for further assistance. A report was filed.

Friday, Nov. 8

The manager of Wollaston’s Market at Marino Recreation Center reported catching an NU student shoplifting. Officers reported banning the student from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed. 

A detective reported seeing a group of students on Benton Street with a bag of alcohol heading to Davenport A. Officers reported speaking to the group and confiscating the alcohol. A report was filed. 

Saturday, Nov. 9

An NU student reported his unattended shower caddy and toiletries were stolen from Stetson West. A report was filed. 

An officer reported finding a person unaffiliated with NU inside Hastings Hall without authorization. Officers reported the man had a criminal record and will be summoned to court for trespassing. A report was filed. 

Sunday, Nov. 10

Officers received a report from an unnamed party who claimed to have witnessed a man dealing with stolen property in the West Village area. Officers reported stopping the man and found him to be in possession of a stolen laptop and cell phone. Officers reported the man has a criminal record and is believed to possibly be an MIT student. Officers banned him from all NU property and reported the case to the MIT Police. A report was filed. 

Bikes stolen this semester: 36