Crime Log: Monday, Jan. 27 to Sunday, Feb. 2

Nico Malabuyo, news staff

Monday, Jan. 27

An NU student in 650 Columbus Ave. reported ordering an iPhone online only to find it missing from the box she received. A report was filed. 

Tuesday, Jan. 28

An NU student reported a man unaffiliated with NU who appeared to be homeless in the lobby of International Village. The man had several active warrants and was placed under arrest. A report was filed.

The Boston Police Department reported an unarmed robbery in front of Symphony Hall. Officers reported placing two people under arrest. A report was filed. 

Wednesday, Jan. 29

An NU student’s fake ID was found in a wallet turned into the lost and found in Kennedy Hall. A report was filed. 

A staff member at Marino Recreation Center reported a fight between two NU students. A report was filed. 

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student filled his pockets with items and left the store without paying. Officers banned the student from both Wollaston’s Market locations. A report was filed.

Security reported that a former student’s ID card was not working in Shillman Hall. Officers reported the student had been previously banned from all NU property and will be summoned for trespassing. A report was filed.

Thursday, Jan. 30

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported observing a group of shoplifters on camera on Jan. 27. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported her ID was stolen from a table in Levine Marketplace. A report was filed.

An NU student reported that his bike was stolen from outside West Village G on Jan. 21. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported a fight involving three people outside of Burstein Hall. Officers responded and reported the parties were just screaming and no physical fighting occurred. A report was filed. 

A detective reported stopping a car on Forsyth Way and speaking to an NU student along with a Drizly employee. The detective reported finding illegally-obtained alcohol and confiscating it. A report was filed. 

An NU employee reported observing an NU student and a man unaffiliated with NU smoking marijuana and screaming near Columbus Garage. Officers reported the people admitted to the action. A report was filed. 

Friday, Jan. 31

An NU student reported being assaulted by another student the prior evening at Two Saints Tavern on Gainsborough Street. The student does not wish to involve the BPD. A report was filed. 

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported stopping an NU student who was shoplifting. The student was banned from both Wollaston’s Market locations. A report was filed. 

The BPD reported an unarmed robbery on Huntington Avenue. Officers spoke to the victim, who was unaffiliated with NU, and checked the area with negative results. A report was filed. 

An officer reported stopping an NU student at West Village A in possession of alcohol. Officers reported the student was underage and the alcohol was confiscated. A report was filed.

An officer reported finding a former NU student in Shillman Hall who had been previously banned from NU property. The student will be summoned for violating their trespass. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported her unattended clothes were stolen from a laundry room in East Village. A report was filed. 

Saturday, Feb. 1

A proctor reported observing an intoxicated NU student in Stetson West. Officers reporting finding the student in his room, unconscious but breathing. Officers called an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. 

Sunday, Feb. 2

Officers reported stopping two NU students who were smoking marijuana behind the Fenway Pumphouse. Officers reported confiscating less than one ounce of marijuana and a water pipe. A report was filed. 

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported three students shoplifting. Officers reported speaking to the students, who returned the stolen items. All the students were banned from both Wollaston’s Market locations. A report was filed.