Crime Log: Monday, Oct. 12 to Sunday, Oct. 18

Mike Puzzanghera, news staff

Tuesday, Oct. 13

An NU staff member reported a larceny from a locker in Curry Student Center. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Oct. 14

An NU student reported being approached by a man in the Curry Student Center who asked if she “was available” and commented on her appearance. The student stated that after declining the man’s advances because she felt uncomfortable, the man approached another female student and made similar comments. The student stated that she was informed by some of her friends that the same man had approached some of them in a similar manner over the past week. Officers reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the bike racks outside Speare Hall. A report was filed.

Thursday, Oct. 15

Northeast Security reported two individuals unaffiliated with NU who appeared to be attempting to steal a bike from the International Village bike racks. Officers responded and banned the two individuals from all NU property. A report was filed.

NUPD was made aware of several past incidents of vandalism on the N.U.in floors in the Westin Hotel. A report was filed.

Friday, Oct. 16

An NU student reported observing a man hit an NU student in the face at the corner of Huntington and Forsyth. Officers responded and reported stopping the man, who was unaffiliated with NU, and requesting emergency medical services, or EMS, for the man, who appeared to be in an altered mental state. EMS responded and transported the man to the hospital. The man will be summoned for disorderly conduct and assault and battery. A report was filed.

A resident assistant, or RA, in Stetson West reported students were smoking marijuana. Officers responded and reported speaking with the students, who admitted they smoked. A report was filed.

Saturday, Oct. 17

An RA in Stetson West reported students were smoking marijuana. Officers responded and reported speaking with the students, who stated they smoked earlier. A report was filed.

Sunday, Oct. 18

An NU staff member reported an NU student was intoxicated at the Westin Hotel. Officers and EMS responded, and EMS transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

NUPD received multiple emergency phone calls stating that a man wearing all black clothing was slamming on the front doors of the Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex and yelling that he wanted to beat someone up. Officers responded and reported speaking to the individual, who was not affiliated with NU, and banning the man from all NU property. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the Columbus Garage bike cage. A report was filed.