Crime Log: Monday, Nov. 9 to Sunday, Nov. 15

Mike Puzzanghera, news staff

Monday, Nov. 9

An employee of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported a shoplifting incident that occurred Friday, Nov. 7. A report was filed.

An employee of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported stopping a shoplifter. Officers reported banning the shoplifter, an NU student, from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Nov. 11

An NU student reported a man attempting to steal bikes in Ryder Lot. The man used a pole to attempt to break the locks on several bikes. Officers reported speaking to the man, who was unaffiliated with NU. Officers reported the man was on probation, was banned from all NU property and will be summoned to court. A report was filed.

An officer requested assistance at Columbus Garage for sergeants that had a juvenile with a firearm in custody. Sergeants later reported that the juvenile was observed acting in a suspicious manner and the firearm, which was later determined to be a BB gun, was confiscated. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the bike racks in front of Stetson West. A report was filed.

Security reported a student reported someone was attempting to steal a bike from the bike racks on the side of Snell Library. Officers report stopping the man, unaffiliated with NU, on the Fenway. The man will be summoned for trespassing. A report was filed.

Thursday, Nov. 12

A detective reported witnessing a hand-to-hand drug transaction outside of Davenport B. Units stopped the two men on Columbus Avenue outside of Davenport B. Detectives report confiscating marijuana from one of the men, an NU student. A report was filed.

An officer observed an individual surrounded by five juveniles in the rear lot of Davenport B. Three of the juveniles began to assault the individual and throw objects at them while the other two juveniles appeared to be recording the incident on cell phones. The juveniles fled toward Tremont and Hammond streets. Officers notified Boston Police, or BPD. Officers requested EMS for the victim, who was transported to Boston Medical Center. A detective reported identifying one of the suspects and a short time later, reported speaking with all of the suspects. A report was filed.

Friday, Nov. 13

A wallet belonging to an NU student containing a fake ID was turned in. A report was filed.

A security officer reported his backpack was stolen from Cargill Hall. A report was filed.

An officer reported shots fired in the area of Annunciation Road. BPD reported ShotSpotter activation in the area as well as multiple 911 calls. BPD reported the suspect fled toward West Village. Officers report checking the area with negative results. Transit Police reported the suspect boarded a bus and was taken into custody at Jackson Square. Transit Police reported recovering the firearm, and they assumed jurisdiction.

Saturday, Nov. 14

An NU student in West Village F reported his roommate was intoxicated. EMS transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

An NU student in 122 St. Stephen St. reported his roommate was intoxicated. EMS transported the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

A former NU student reported her phone was stolen out of her pocket while at Carter Park. A report was filed.

A staff member of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported stopping a shoplifter. Officers reported speaking to the shoplifter, an NU student, and banned them from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.