Crime Log: Monday, Dec. 28 to Sunday, Jan. 3

Mike Puzzanghera, news staff

Tuesday, Dec. 29

A citizen turned in a lost wallet to officers inside the Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex, or ISEC. The wallet was originally found in the Dunkin’ on Massachusetts Avenue. Officers inventoried the wallet and found multiple controlled substances and various cards with different names. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Dec. 30

An audiovisual team contractor reported one of the cameras was missing from a room in Ryder Hall. A report was filed.

An NU faculty member reported receiving a suspicious email from a non-NU affiliate. A report was filed.

Thursday, Dec. 31

An NU staff member reported receiving an email from someone pretending to be their boss requesting them to purchase five to seven gift cards and hold onto them for further instructions. The staff member did not purchase any gift cards. A report was filed.

An NU staff member reported receiving an email from someone pretending to be their boss requesting them to purchase five $200 eBay gift cards. The staff member confirmed with their boss that this was a scam and purchased no gift cards. A report was filed.

Saturday, Jan. 2

An NU student lost their phone and after calling it, an unknown person answered and said they needed help. Officers spoke first with the student, who stated they lost their phone the night before. Officers located the student’s phone using Find My iPhone. The phone was located on West Canton Street and the person who found it, unaffiliated with NU, stated they were trying to return the phone to its owner. Officers returned the phone to the student. A report was filed.