Crime Log: Monday, Jan.18 to Sunday, Jan. 24

Mike Puzzanghera, news staff

Monday, Jan. 18

4:14 a.m.

A caller reported an intoxicated individual in the Davenport B lobby. A report was filed.

12:06 p.m.

A student reported their personal belongings were stolen from inside 116 St. Stephen St. A report was filed.

9:00 p.m.

A caller reported a vehicle outside 407 Huntington Ave. was playing “extremely loud music.” Officers responded and looked around the area, but no report was filed.

Tuesday, Jan. 19

1:27 a.m.

A caller reported an intoxicated individual vomiting in the lobby of International Village. Officers responded to the report and requested emergency medical services for the individual, who was transported to the hospital. A report was filed.

6:39 p.m.

A caller reported the smell of marijuana near the Egan Research Center. Officers reported locating an individual, unaffiliated with NU, in the area who was previously banned from all NU property, and reported that the individual will be summoned to court. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Jan. 20

4:16 p.m.

A caller reported the Smith Hall foyer printer was damaged. A report was filed.

9:00 p.m.

A student reported their microwave was missing from their room in 337 Huntington Ave. A report was filed.

Thursday, Jan. 21

12:11 a.m.

A caller reported a noise complaint on several individuals outside on Gainsborough Street. Officers reported checking the area but did not find the source of the noise. 

Friday, Jan. 22

5:16 a.m.

A student entered West Village C after their NUID was declined at the proctor station. The student was not a resident of West Village C and was escorted out of the building. A report was filed.

4:40 p.m.

A student reported lending their calculator to someone in 319 Huntington Ave. and that the person refused to return it. A report was filed.

Saturday, Jan. 23

12:24 a.m.

A caller reported an intoxicated individual inside Speare Hall. Officers responded to check on the individual. A report was filed.

8:59 p.m.

A vehicle was stolen in front of International Village after it was left running and unattended. NUPD and BPD officers responded, and BPD assumed jurisdiction.

9:33 p.m.

A caller reported the smell of marijuana coming from a room in Stetson West. Officers responded and reported tracing the smell and confiscating less than 1 ounce of marijuana from the students. A report was filed.

Sunday, Jan. 24

6:03 p.m.

A caller reported a student gave their NUID to another individual to allow them to gain access to Stetson West. The individual was escorted out of the building. A report was filed.