Northeastern Crime Log

By Kaitlin Thaney

Crime Log Entry of the Week

Saturday, Jan. 25 1:23 a.m.

A Resident Assistant in Davenport A was making rounds when he discovered a loud party on the fifth floor. Upon further investigation, the RA found several underage students, both male and female, drinking and open cans of beer around the room. The students will be referred to OSCCR.

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

**Follow up’s from last week** -A staff member in the Cabot Building found a digital camera that was reported missing during a basketball game on Wednesday, January 15. The camera has been returned to its original owner. -On Friday, January 17, there was a report of a missing Husky card from an 18-year-old female student. Since it was missing it had been used to sign into a building, for vending machines, and in off campus retail establishments. The person was identified as a 19-year-old male student who will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR) for his actions.

Tuesday, Jan. 21 8:21 a.m. Officers reported to Hayden Hall on a call that an office was entered and desks were gone through. Two dollars in change was missing. There was no sign of forced entry.

9:17 a.m. An 18-year-old female student reported being harassed by an 18-year-old male student in Stetson East. The male student will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

11:47 a.m. An 18-year-old male student was caught shoplifting by the manager from the Wollaston’s in the Marino Center. It is reported that the student paid for a bottle of water but stole health and beauty aides. He will be referred to OSCCR.

12:59 p.m. A Husky card left at a Community Receptionist counter in West Campus was later discovered to be a stolen card. Officers reported that the card had been used in vending machines and the case is under investigation.

Wednesday, Jan. 22 11:08 a.m. Paintings were reported stolen from the corridor of West Campus E.

6:14 p.m. A 19-year-old female student reported assault by her roommate. The situation arose over cleaning issues. The students live in West Campus A. The roommate will be referred to OSCCR.

Friday, January 24 1:42 a.m. The staff at Stetson West reported damaged ceiling tiles in the building.

6:45 p.m. A female student in Davenport B reported a missing laptop computer. It was reported that her roommate had guests over earlier that day.

Sunday, Jan. 26 2:46 a.m. A bong was confiscated from two male 18-year-old residents in Speare Hall. The bong was seen on a bookshelf by an RA while the two residents were being questioned about a report of noise in the room. The students will be referred to OSCCR.

Monday, Jan. 27 11:41 a.m. The staff in Stetson East reported holes in the wall on the second floor.

11:45 a.m. There was a report of graffiti on the first floor of West Campus E.

7:14 p.m. A staff member at 407 Huntington Ave. reported their apartment broken into. Jewelry, cash, and computer accessories were missing from the room.

11:01 p.m. The staff at White Hall reported damage to the television in the building common room on the first floor.