Northeastern Crime Log

By Kaitlin Thaney

Crime Log Entry of the Week

Saturday, May 10 12:15 a.m.

The Northeastern Police received a report that someone knocked over a trash can in front of Kennedy Hall which rolled across the street and damaged a parked car. The student was then said to have entered Kennedy Hall. When approached by an officer, the student admitted to knocking over the trash can. He apologized for it. He will be referred to OSCCR. The owner of the damaged car, who is not affiliated with Northeastern, will be put into contact with the student for restitution for damages inflicted.

Tuesday, May 6 2 p.m. Building services staff reported a soap dispenser missing from a first floor men’s room in Richards Hall. The staff had taken inventory that morning and said that the dispenser was there at 9 a.m. that day.

10 p.m. The Community Receptionist at Willis Hall reported a man loitering in the outer lobby who later entered the inner lobby as a resident. The Northeastern Police found him watching television in the lobby. He was identified as being previously warned to keep off of the campus. Lawrence Elmore, a 49-year-old resident of Boston, was arrested for trespassing. He appeared to be unemployed.

Thursday, May 8 11:15 a.m. A 21-year-old male student reported his backpack stolen after leaving it in the Curry Student Center food court unattended in mid-March. The bag contained his laptop.

11:30 a.m. A 19-year-old male student reported his bag missing after leaving it intentionally unattended in a fifth floor men’s room in the Stearns Center. He left it behind a trash can in the bathroom while he was in an interview. While he was gone for an hour, credit cards, $13 and a set of keys were taken from a compartment in the bag. The student later returned to the building and found his keys in the men’s room.

12:30 p.m. A male staff member in Holmes Hall reported the theft of his laptop. He had left it in his office unattended and with the door unlocked for approximately a half an hour.

1:30 p.m. A female student reported her bag missing after leaving it unattended in Ryder Hall during a class. She had put the bag on a chair and covered it with a coat before class. She went to the ladies’ room and when she returned it was gone. The bag contained $20 and credit cards.

5 p.m. A female student reported the theft of her gym bag from the women’s locker room in the Cabot Physical Education Center. She had left the bag on the bench in the locker room because it would not fit in a locker. When she returned an hour and a half later, the bag, which contained her crew uniform, was missing.

Friday, May 9 3 a.m. A Resident Assistant in Smith Hall heard commotion coming from the third floor of the building and discovered a student that had been assaulted. Officers met with the 18-year-old female student, who was holding ice to her lip. She said that another female, an 18-year-old resident of Smith Hall, tried to enter her room and was denied access earlier that evening. Later that night, the victim left to go down the hall where the other female resident was waiting for her, pushed her against the wall and punched her. Apparently there had been statements made by one of the women about the other through a third party causing the retaliation. The resident does not want to press criminal charges. The assailant will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

1 p.m. A 22-year-old male student reported his bicycle stolen after leaving it locked with a Kryptonite lock outside Stetson West for about 15 minutes.

4:30 p.m. An 18-year-old male student reported that he had been harassed by another resident in the building and that this had been going on for about two weeks. The student’s room was trashed and he had previously reported this harassment to Residential Life. The Northeastern Police will join ResLife for the investigation. The student claims that he always locks the room but that his roommates may not. Officers identified possible suspects that live in the building. When these possible suspects were questioned they had some information about the events that had taken place.

11 p.m. Staff in White Hall reported a new hole in the first floor wall board near the mailboxes in the lobby.

Saturday, May 10 1:30 a.m. A 20-year-old female student reported her car broken into in the lot behind Ryder Hall. There was a tire iron left on her front seat and the registration for the car had been taken. The car had been left unlocked and the car radio had been attempted to be stolen, but efforts were not successful.

Sunday, May 11 1:30 a.m. A 21-year-old female student approached an officer that was visiting afterHOURS and reported her wallet missing. She had left her purse on a table near the front door and when she returned it was on the floor with her wallet missing. The wallet contained her driver’s license and three credit cards.

3:15 a.m. An RA in White Hall reported that a 19-year-old female was assaulted by her 18-year-old roommate. The 19-year-old was allegedly pushed during a verbal altercation with her roommate about her 18-year-old roommate being intoxicated. There were no serious injuries. The 19-year-old resident spent the night in a friend’s room and the roommate did not return. The Northeastern Police are still trying to locate the 18-year-old female.

9:30 p.m. A 22-year-old male student reported being mugged after getting off the Green Line and crossing through the North Lot to get to his apartment on Hemenway Street. He was approached by a man in North Lot who ordered him to empty his pockets. The student threw his wallet on the ground and the man ran away. The wallet contained $12, IDs and several credit cards.

Monday, May 12 10:30 a.m. A 16-year-old high school student that was visiting the Behrakis Health Sciences Center on a field trip reported that money was stolen from her wallet during a biology class she was attending. The high school faculty believes that the money was taken by another high school student that was also on the field trip. The high school staff will continue to try and retrieve the wallet.