Crime Log

Crime Log entriesare selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, June 24 8 p.m.

An officer recognized a man as Calvin Mustafa, 39, of Boston, as he was walking through Bullfinch Mall. He had been arrested several times by NUPD. The officer obtained a warrant for his arrest for the theft of an electronic keyboard that was stolen from a storage room in the multi-faith center in the spring. He had failed to appear in court. Mustafa was arrested for an outstanding warrant, and he was formally charged. He will be in court later this month.

Wednesday, June 25 9:30 a.m. A graduate student reported her eyeglasses and portable Discman stolen from her car that was parked on Tuesday from 5-9 p.m. in the West Campus parking garage. She had left her car unlocked.

1 p.m. A staff member from University College reported hearing a student make comments that were perceived as threatening when the student was referring to a faculty member who gave a student a B grade, when he thought he deserved an A-. Detectives interviewed the student, he admitted to the comments, but says they were made in jest. The professor who was the subject of the comments was informed, and the student will be hearing from Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Thursday, June 26 11 p.m. A man attending a conference on campus was walking outside of Cullinane Hall when he was approached by four youths aged 15 to 17 years old. They demanded his money, and one of them was holding a knife. The accosted man gave them his wallet after he said there were some important papers inside of it that he needed. The youths dumped the wallet, took the money and fled. The man called NUPD immediately and officers spotted four suspects a few minutes later. The group split up when they were running away, and officers apprehended a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old — neither of them had the knife or the money. The man who was accosted could not indicate whether the apprehended youths were the ones who took his money or had the knife. Both boys are residents of a group home in Jamaica Plain. They were returned to the home and the investigation is continuing to identify the other suspects.

Friday, June 27 1 a.m. A group reported being robbed while sitting on the bleachers at the baseball field in The Fens. Two male students, 20 and 21 years old, with two non-students, one male and one female, were approached by a man with a gun who demanded their valuables. A cell phone a total of $85 was stolen.

Sunday, June 29 8:30 a.m. Staff at St. Ann’s Church reported someone had shattered some of their clay flower pots overnight. After investigation, it was discovered that similar clay pots had been damaged around the corner by Burger King.

8 p.m. An 18-year-old female student was studying on the first floor of the Snell Library, when she left her table to go to the copy machine. She left her cell phone under some books, and when she returned after about three minutes, her cell phone was gone.

11 p.m. A female student reported being sexually assaulted the previous night by an acquaintance, a Northeastern student. The incident occurred during a party in his apartment on campus. This incident is under investigation by university police.

Monday, June 30 10:30 a.m. A student reported his parking permit stolen from the windshield of his soft-top jeep he had parked overnight in North Lot. He reported that his top had been pulled back.

2 p.m. Staff at the bookstore reported an irate customer had thrown a printer cartridge at a male staff member — who sustained several cuts on the chin — while engaged in an argument on their return policy. The customer had bought a cartridge 15 minutes earlier, was told it could not be returned if was opened. Upon trying to return the cartridge, the staff member said they could not take it back because it had been opened. He then threw the cartridge at the staff member and fled. Receipts were checked and it had been bought with a Husky Card by a 21-year-old student who lives on campus. Police do not know for a fact if the student is the suspect, and he was unable to be tracked down. The investigation is continuing.

3 p.m. A 20-year-old female student reported that on June 19, she fell asleep on a bench in Centennial Commons for about 15 to 20 minutes. When she woke up, her bag containing her license, credit cards and $40 was missing.

11 p.m. A male graduate student reported that he had just learned that $1500 in fees had been charged to his credit card — charges not made by him.