Northeastern Crime Log

Crime log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, December 2 10:30 p.m. A community receptionist in a West Campus residence hall reported that a 20-year-old female student had been carried in by two friends and dropped off at her room. The female student was unconscious and intoxicated. NUPD responded and found the student passed out on her bed. She was taken to the hospital and will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Thursday, December 4 3:30 p.m. A male staff member in the Snell Engineering Center reported his laptop missing from a locked lab on the second floor. There was no sign of forced entry.

9:30 p.m. An officer patrolling the area around Davenport B saw several people standing behind the building. The people were trying to avoid being spotted by the officer. The officer drove around the building and found no one there, but did discover a stash of alcohol behind the building. The alcohol, consisting of five 40 oz. bottles of beer and three gallons of vodka, was confiscated and disposed of.

11:30 p.m. An officer found a car parked behind Smith Hall with its trunk open, containing two cases of beer. An 18-year-old male student and a 19-year-old male student quickly closed the trunk, but had already been discovered by the officer. The alcohol was confiscated and both students will be referred to OSCCR.

Friday, December 5 12:30 a.m. A female student in West Campus reported that another female student, who resides in the room next door, was having a loud argument with her boyfriend, who is not a Northeastern student. Residential Life was notified and will hold a meeting with the female student to discuss whether or not her boyfriend will be allowed to return to campus.

2 a.m. Officers were called to Melvin Hall, where they found a 19-year-old male student intoxicated and vomiting in the men’s bathroom. The student acknowledged that he had been drinking and was taken to the hospital. He will be referred to OSCCR.

11 a.m. A 28-year-old female student reported that she had left her ATM card in the machine in the Curry Student Center the day before. When she called to cancel her card the next morning, $500 in purchases had already been made on her card at off-campus establishments.

3:30 p.m. A 17-year-old male student reported that he had lost his wallet two days earlier. The student believes the wallet fell out of his pocket in the lobby of Kennedy Hall. The wallet did not contain any cash but did contain the student’s IDs, credit cards and license.

Saturday, December 6 12:30 a.m. A Resident Assistant in Smith Hall found a bottle of vodka in a room on the third floor when she knocked to request a noise reduction. The resident, a 19-year-old male, will be referred to OSCCR.

2 a.m. Officers and EMTs responded to a room in Stetson East after an 18-year-old female bumped her head on her desk. The student had been drinking and taking Percoset with another 18-year-old female student. The student was taken to the hospital and both will be referred to OSCCR. An 18-year-old male student will also be referred to OSCCR for interfering with the EMTs trying to put the female student in an ambulance to take her to the hospital.

2 a.m. Officers responded to a snowball fight in Speare Place, along with a fist fight going on between two male students. The two students continued to throw punches despite efforts from the officers to separate them. Matthew Stafford, a 20-year-old student who lives off campus, and Thomas Mulhern, a 19-year-old resident of Stetson East, were both arrested for disorderly conduct.

2:30 a.m. Officers were called back to Stetson East to a second 18-year-old female student, who had been drinking and using Percosets earlier. She was taken to the hospital and will be referred to OSCCR.

Sunday, December 7 5 p.m. An RA detected the odor of marijuana on the first floor in Davenport A. Officers responded and found a 20-year-old male resident along with several guests in an apartment that smelled strongly of marijuana. The male resident admitted to smoking earlier but told officers that his guests had not been smoking and that there were no drugs left in the room. The resident will be referred to OSCCR.

Monday, December 8 9 p.m. A 20-year-old male student reported his wallet stolen after leaving it unattended in his pants in the men’s locker room in the Marino Center. The wallet contained $250 along with the student’s IDs.

9:30 p.m. A 20-year-old female student who resides in the Youth Hostel reported being slapped by a 20-year-old male acquaintance of hers, who is also a student an lives in the Hostel, entered the female student’s room, where an argument stemming from a snowball fight on Sunday escalated into violence. The female student does not wish to press charges, but the male student will be referred to OSCCR.

10 p.m. The Resident Director from Smith Hall reported that the vending machine located in the basement of the building had been pried open with a crowbar. The contents of the vending machine, including the coin box, had been emptied from the machine.

Crime Log Entry of the Week Sunday, December 7

3 a.m. A 20-year-old female student who resides at 407 Huntington Ave. reported that she had discovered a man she did not know in the bathroom of her apartment. She confronted the man, who claimed to be in his own apartment. The man left and went into an apartment two floors above the student. Officers responded and found a 21-year-old male student who admitted to being intoxicated and getting confused about which floor in the building he lives on. He will be referred to OSCCR.