Northeastern Crime Log

Crime log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, January 13 2 p.m. A 19-year-old male student was questioned by NUPD in a case involving drugs being sold on campus. The student admitted to selling drugs and supplied the names of those he had sold to regularly. A small amount of drug paraphernalia was confiscated. He will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

3 p.m. A 19-year-old male student reported his camcorder missing after he left it unattended in a classroom in Ryder Hall for several hours.

Wednesday, January 14 1 a.m. The Boston Police Department notified NU- PD that a female student had been robbed of her purse while walking alone near the intersection of Hemenway Street and Westland Avenue.

3:30 p.m. Staff members in Robinson Hall reported a laptop missing from a storage closet. The laptop was purchased in September and had yet to be used. The staff was unsure when the laptop had gone missing.

6 p.m. A 20-year-old male student reported his car keyed after leaving it overnight in the Rena- issance Parking Garage.

Thursday, January 15 3 p.m. A student organization in the Curry Student Center reported a box containing $50 of club dues missing from the office that they share with several other student organizations.

Friday, January 16 2 a.m. An anonymous caller reported trash being thrown from a window into the alley between Hemenway Street and The Fenway. Officers responded and located the apartment in Loftman Hall. The residents refused to open the door for officers, and a key from the Resident Assist- ant was used. Residents of the apartment initially denied throwing trash from the window, but one resident later admitted to doing so. The residents will be referred to OSCCR.

2 p.m. The manager of Wollaston’s in the Marino Center reported detaining a 19-year-old male student who had purchased a few items, then remained in the store, placing more items in his bag with the intent to steal them. He has been banned from both Wollaston’s locations and will be referred to OSCCR.

8 p.m. A 21-year-old female student reported her ID and several items of clothing missing after leaving the door to her 122 St. Stephen St. apartment unlocked while she left for 10 minutes.

Saturday, January 17 12:30 a.m. An RA in West Campus B doing rounds heard a noise in a seventh floor apartment. The RA entered the apartment and found two beer balls. The resident, a 19-year old male, had 18 guests in the apartment, all under the age of 21. The beer balls were confiscated, and all were referred to OSCCR.

Noon A 20-year-old female resident of Loftman Hall reported her laptop missing after leaving the apartment unlocked and unattended from 9 p.m. on Jan. 16 to 1 a.m. on Jan. 17.

3 p.m. A 17-year-old female student in White Hall reported her Husky Card missing. When the student went to get the card replaced, she found that her dining dollars had been used.

10 p.m. An officer noticed three students in the West Campus quad, each holding a 30-pack of beer and one also holding a bottle of rum. Only one of the three students was 21, the other two were 20 years old. The 21-year-old student admitted to purchasing all of the alcohol. The alcohol was confiscated, and all three students will be referred to OSCCR.

Sunday, January 18 3 a.m. A female resident of Stetson East reported seeing two men in a car in North Lot who appeared to be tampering with other cars. Officers responded and found two men leaving the parking lot. The men were stopped and questioned, and admitted to slashing the tires of two cars in the lot. Nathan Mitchell, 20, of Middleboro, and Chad Richmond, 20, of Peabody, were arrested for malicious destruction. Neither are affiliated with Northeastern.

Monday, January 19 6 p.m. A 20-year-old female student reported her purse missing after leaving it unattended on the second floor of the library. The purse contained $25 and credit cards.

9:30 p.m. A 19-year-old female student called police after being accosted in The Fenway behind the Museum of Fine Arts. The student had been walking alone when she was approached by three young men. One tried to take her purse, but the student resisted and screamed. Upon hearing the scream, her assailants fled. Officers searched the area but found no one who fit the description of the assailants.

Crime Log Entry of the Week Saturday, January 17 2 a.m. An RA in Stetson West doing rounds heard excessive rounds on the fourth floor. The RA, after entering the room, found six bottles of rum, three bottles of vodka and approximately 75 beer cans. The residents, two 18-year-old females, and their six guests, all under the age of 21, will be referred to OSCCR.