9th Annual Mayor’s Holiday Special offers city cheer on the cheap

Mayor Thomas M. Menino presents the 9th Annual Mayor’s Holiday Special, offering more than 13,000 half-price tickets to the region’s most beloved holiday events. Visit www.MayorsHolidaySpecial.com for more discounts and information on dining deals and gift ideas.

The Nutcracker
Presented by Boston Ballet at Boston Opera House
Nov. 23-Dec. 30
New England’s No. 1 holiday tradition, Boston Ballet’s “The Nutcracker,” returns to the stage with exquisite new sets and costumes by award-winning designer Robert Perdziola. This world premiere production will encompass the beauty and magic of the traditional Nutcracker story with revised scenes and choreography by Mikko Nissinen.
Full Price: $89
Bostix Price: $46+Fee

Holiday Pops
Presented by Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) at Symphony Hall
Dec. 5-24
Experience a holiday season celebration with Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops this December. You and your friends are invited to historic Symphony Hall when it will be transformed into a magical place for all ages. Be part of the traditional Pops sing-along, and enjoy a visit from jolly old Saint Nick.
Full Price: $73-99
Bostix Price: $37-50+Fee

Improv Asylum: Vanity Project
Presented by Improv Asylum at Improv Asylum Theater
Nov. 14 and 28
Improv Asylum founders/original cast members Chet Harding and Norm Laviolette join main stage actors Jeremy Brothers and Matt Catanzano, as well as alumni and special guests to perform two extended sets of anything-goes, hilarious longform improvisation. Vanity Project . . . egos will be stroked.
Full Price: $15
Bostix Price: $7.50+Fee

71st Annual Tree Lighting Pre-Show Skating Spectacular
Presented by The Skating Club of Boston at Boston Common Frog Pond
Nov. 29
Celebrate the holiday season with the Skating Club of Boston’s talented local skaters at the annual Frog Pond Skating Spectacular. After the show, hop over to the tree lighting for a full lineup of fun and festive activities.
Free.

2012 Downtown Boston Holiday Market
Presented by Downtown Boston BID
Nov. 24-Dec. 29
Mondays-Saturdays: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sundays: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Downtown’s biggest holiday market is back. The fourth annual Downtown Boston Holiday Market features new artisan vendors each week, along with appearances from Santa and musical performances on Summer Street.
Free.

Blink! featuring the music of the Holiday Pops
Presented by Faneuil Hall Marketplace at Faneuil Hall Marketplace (Quincy Market)
Nov. 17-Dec. 31
Blink! will officially launch on Nov. 17 at 5:30 p.m. in partnership with the 9th Annual Mayor’s Holiday Special. The launch includes  appearances and performances by Mayor Menino, The Boston Pops Brass Ensemble, Jerod Mayo, Handel and Haydn and more. Blink!, Boston’s newest holiday tradition, is a six-week, state-of-the-art, LED light and sound show featuring the music of the Boston Holiday Pops. This magical and unforgettable new holiday tradition uses over 350,000 LED lights to illuminate Boston’s skyline.
Free.

Source: www.MayorsHolidaySpecial.com.