Crime Log: Monday, January 21 to Sunday, January 27

Sully Barrett, news staff

Monday, Jan. 21

An NU student reported his MacBook charger was stolen from International Village. A report was filed.

Tuesday, Jan. 22

An NUPD officer reported finding several fake IDs in a wallet turned in to the lost and found. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his backpack was stolen from Knowles Center. Officers spoke to a student who reported seeing an individual in the area around the time it was stolen. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Jan. 23

An NU staff member reported a suspicious man placing a water bottle at the front door of Cullinane Hall and claiming to be a student working in the conference room. Officers responded and identified the man as unaffiliated with NU before escorting him off campus. A report was filed.

Thursday, Jan. 24

An NU staff member reported a man yelling at her not to look at him while walking down Forsyth Street. Another NU staff member reported a man matching the description following a student from Snell Library to Ell Hall and entering an elevator while shouting derogatory comments. Officers responded and identified the man as an NU alum before banning him from campus. A report was filed.

Officers reported confiscating a class D substance from an NU student at 10 Coventry St. A report was filed.

Friday, Jan. 25

A Vanguard employee reported a suspicious man casing bicycles in the Columbus Parking Garage. A responding officer reported observing the man setting fire to something and confirmed that a cable lock appeared to be burnt. Officers checked the area with no sign of the individual. A report was filed.

Sunday, Jan. 27

A Marino Recreation Center staff member reported a verbal altercation between an NU student and an NU alum. Responding officers reported that the alum yelled at the student after the student accidentally walked into his space. Officers banned the alum from campus. A report was filed.