Crime Log: Monday, Aug. 12 to Sunday, Aug. 18

Monday, Aug. 12

A sergeant reported observing an individual unaffiliated with NU repeatedly entering Hastings Hall over the weekend. The sergeant reported the individual had been previously banned from NU property and will be summoned to court for trespassing. A report was filed.

Tuesday, Aug. 13

An NU staff member reported witnessing a man cut a bike lock off a bike and take it from the rack outside Cabot Physical Education Center. Officers responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

An NU staff member reported a passerby said he saw a man and woman engaging in drug activity in the alley behind Cushing Hall. Officers responded and reported finding both outside the first floor bathrooms in Marino Recreation Center. Officers reported placing the man under arrest for an active warrant and additionally charging him with possession of prescription drugs that did not belong to him. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student was detained for shoplifting. Officers responded and banned the student from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.

An NU staff member reported his road bike was stolen from outside Cabot Physical Education Center. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Aug. 14

An NU student reported his book was stolen from Snell Library. A report was filed.

Officers reported observing a man who had been previously banned from NU property in Hastings Hall and then running down Huntington Avenue. Officers reported issuing a summons to the man. A report was filed.

An officer reported observing a man unaffiliated with NU in Hastings Hall on security camera footage. Officers reported finding the man and placing him under arrest for trespassing. A report was filed.

A janitor reported observing a man in Dodge Hall who was intoxicated and causing a scene. Officers responded and reported the man had left Dodge Hall and entered the Latinx Student Cultural Center. Officers reported stopping the man in the Forsyth Building and requested an ambulance to bring him to the hospital. A report was filed.

A detective reported observing two people unaffiliated with NU attempting to break into a storage container inside the Fenway Center lot. The detective reported both have a criminal record and that one was arrested for a prior warrant and the other banned from all NU property. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported a man attempted to shoplift and fled down Huntington Avenue. A report was filed.

Thursday, Aug. 15

The manager of the campus bookstore reported a man attempted to steal a pair of headphones and fled the area. A report was filed.

An NU alumnus reported his phone was stolen from Marino Recreation Center. A report was filed.

Officers reported stopping two individuals with criminal records in Snell Quad and banning them from NU property. A report was filed.

Operations reported observing several teenage boys who appeared to be casing the bike racks outside International Village. Officers responded and reported stopping two of the boys outside International Village and one on Ruggles Street. Officers reported releasing the boys to a guardian and taking the bikes for safe keeping. A report was filed.

Friday, Aug. 16

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported stopping an NU student who was shoplifting. Officers responded and banned the student from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.

Saturday, Aug. 17

Officers reported speaking to a man unaffiliated with NU after observing his vehicle loitering in the Carter School lot for an extended period of time. Officers reported the car owner has a criminal record and multiple active warrants for witness intimidation, threat to commit crime and unlicensed operation. Officers placed the man under arrest. A report was filed.

Sunday, Aug. 18

An officer reported his NUPD bike was stolen from outside Giovanni’s Market on Columbus Avenue and that he did not know when the bike was taken. The officer reported that his phone was in the bike bag and that he was able to track its location to the corner of Massachusetts and Columbus Avenues. Officers reported speaking to a witness who saw a man drop off the bike and jump over a fence, then found the shirt that the man was wearing behind the fence. Officers reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported a teenager stole several items and fled toward Fenway. Officers responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

A resident assistant in Davenport B reported finding a bong in a room while conducting health and safety inspections. Officers responded and reported confiscating the property. A report was filed.