Crime Log: Monday, Oct. 14 to Sunday, Oct. 27

Deanna Schwartz, campus editor

Monday, Oct. 14

An NU student reported his mountain bike was stolen from outside International Village, or IV. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student putting several items in his backpack. Officers responded and reported banning the student from both Wollaston’s locations. A report was filed.

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the front stairs of 157 Hemenway St. A report was filed.

Tuesday, Oct. 15

A resident assistant, or RA, in IV reported finding a covered smoke detector during a health and safety inspection. A report was filed.

Wednesday, Oct. 16

An NU student reported her purse was stolen from Marino Recreation Center. A report was filed.

An RA in 319 Huntington Ave. reported finding a covered smoke detector during a health and safety inspection. A report was filed.

Thursday, Oct. 17

An NU student reported his unsecured bike was stolen from outside Mugar Hall. A report was filed.

An officer reported finding a fake ID belonging to an NU student in a wallet that was turned in to lost and found. The officer reported speaking to the student. A report was filed.

Friday, Oct. 18

A proctor in White Hall reported an intoxicated NU student entered without signing in. Officers responded and called an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

An NU student reported observing an intoxicated student throwing up outside the fourth floor elevators in East Village. Officers called an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

Saturday, Oct. 19

A proctor in Willis Hall reported observing an intoxicated student who was unable to walk. Officers called an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

An RA in Speare Hall reported observing an intoxicated student throwing up in the men’s bathroom. Officers responded and reported the student was conscious and alert and declined medical attention. A report was filed.

An RA in West Village B reported finding drug paraphernalia inside a room. Officers reported confiscating the paraphernalia and a small amount of a Class D substance. A report was filed. 

A woman unaffiliated with NU reported her bike was stolen from the rack in the North Lot. A report was filed.

An NU student reported observing a man sleeping on the third floor sofas in West Village H. Officers responded and reported the man had a criminal record, an active warrant and had previously been banned from NU property. Officers placed the man under arrest for the warrant and for trespassing. A report was filed.  

An NU student reported his friend was intoxicated and lying on the floor in East Village. Officers called an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

Sunday, Oct. 20

An NU student reported his hockey equipment was stolen from the laundry room in 337 Huntington Ave. A report was filed.

Monday, Oct. 21

A cab driver reported that an NU student vomited in the back seat of his cab and refused to pay the fare. Officers responded and reported the student was not alert and was not able to answer basic biographical questions. Officers requested an ambulance to transport the student to Brigham and Women’s Hospital for further evaluation. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported his bike was stolen from the racks in front of the Behrakis Center. A report was filed.

An RA in White Hall reported finding marijuana on a table while conducting health and safety inspections. A report was filed. 

Tuesday, Oct. 22

An NU student reported her headphones were stolen from a classroom in Snell Library. A report was filed.

Thursday, Oct 24

An officer reported speaking to a man unaffiliated with NU in the Fenway neighborhood who was carrying a saw. Officers confiscated the saw and determined that it belonged to the construction crew on Symphony Road. Officers reported the man had a criminal record and will be summoned for receiving stolen property. A report was filed. 

Friday, Oct. 25

A proctor in Kennedy Hall reported an intoxicated NU student entered without signing in. Officers responded and called an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported a man unaffiliated with NU attempted to steal Tide detergent pods. Officers reported the man had a lengthy criminal record and banned him from all NU property. A report was filed.

Operations reported receiving multiple calls reporting a man who stole a backpack from an NU student inside IV and exited toward Ruggles. Officers responded and reported checking the area with negative results. A report was filed.

An RA in West Village E reported finding a grinder with marijuana in it while conducting health and safety inspections. A report was filed.

Saturday, Oct. 26

A proctor in Speare Hall reported observing an intoxicated student in the lobby. Officers responded and called an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

An RA in White Hall reported observing an intoxicated student in the bathroom who was incapacitated. Officers responded and called an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

An NU student in Loftman Hall reported her roommate was intoxicated and fell and hit her head. Officers responded and called an ambulance to transport the student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. A report was filed.

A facilities employee reported observing a man unaffiliated with NU in Speare Place stealing bike parts. Officers responded and reported the man had a criminal record and was found in the possession of a scooter and several tools. Officers placed the man under arrest for larceny. A report was filed.

An NU student reported her headphones were stolen from Marino Recreation Center. A report was filed.

Bikes stolen this semester: 34