Crime Log: Monday, Nov. 18 to Sunday, Nov. 24

Nico Malabuyo, news staff

Monday, Nov. 18

An NU student admitted to shoplifting at Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center on Nov. 11. A report was filed.

An officer reported there were multiple damaged signs inside Stetson East. A report was filed. 

Wednesday, Nov. 20

The bookstore manager in Curry Student Center reported observing an individual unaffiliated with NU inside the store who has a history of shoplifting and had previously been banned from NU property. Officers placed him under arrest. A report was filed. 

A residence director reported the previous occupant of a room in International Village covered the smoke detector and may have been smoking marijuana. A report was filed.

Thursday, Nov. 21

An NU student reported several items were stolen from her unsecured locker inside O’Bryant Hall, which was unlocked for facilities repairs. A report was filed. 

A detective reported confiscating various drugs and paraphernalia from an NU student in Speare Hall. A report was filed.

Friday, Nov. 22

An officer reported observing an NU student in Marino Recreation Center flipping over a table while being filmed by another student. The officer reported the students were attempting to elicit a response from police while filming the interaction. A report was filed. 

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student shoplifting. Officers reported banning the student from both Wollaston’s Market locations. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported his unattended backpack was stolen from Rebecca’s Cafe. A report was filed. 

A resident assistant, or RA, in East Village reported receiving a request for medical amnesty for an intoxicated NU student. Officers reported the student was transported to an area hospital. A report was filed. 

Saturday, Nov. 23

An RA from White Hall reported observing an intoxicated, unconscious student in the fifth floor bathroom. Officers reported the man was unconscious but breathing and that he later regained consciousness and was cleared by Emergency Medical Services, or EMS. A report was filed.

An NU staff member reported his backpack was stolen from a university vehicle. Officers reported finding a man unaffiliated with NU matching the description of the suspect with the stolen backpack. Officers banned the suspect from all NU property and reported he will be later summoned for larceny. A report was filed. 

Sunday, Nov. 24

An NU student reported observing an intoxicated NU student vomiting in the lobby of Stetson West. Officers called an ambulance to transport the student to Brigham and Women’s Hospital. A report was filed. 

An NU student reported observing an intoxicated student crying and running through the hallway of East Village. EMS arrived at the scene and cleared the student. A report was filed. 

The manager of Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center reported an NU student was shoplifting. Officers banned the student from both Wollaston’s Market locations. A report was filed.