Crime Log: Thursday, March 17 to Friday, March 25

Alexis Santoro, news staff

Thursday, March 17

Officers were flagged down about an individual kicking the ATM machine in Ruggles. Transit Police, or TPD, assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported an individual was attempting to damage vehicles on Columbus Avenue. The area was checked. 

Officers received an emergency hangup call from Ryder Hall. Services rendered. 

Friday, March 18 

Officers responded to a minor motor vehicle accident on the Egan Access Road. A report was filed. 

A caller reported being the victim of an electronic financial scam. Services rendered. 

Officers received an emergency hang up call from Ryder Hall. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an individual yelling at another individual on Huntington Avenue. The area was checked. 

A caller reported their electric scooter stolen from the Snell Quad. A report was filed.

A caller reported several items stolen from their locker in Snell Library. A report was filed. 

Saturday, March 19 

A caller reported an intoxicated individual on the Camden Street Footbridge. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported being extorted for money or compromising videos would be released online. A report was filed. 

A caller reported an individual entered West Village H without swiping in. The area was checked. 

A caller reported a chair stolen from White Hall. A report was filed. 

Sunday, March 20 

A caller reported an individual entered West Village E without proper access. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an individual sleeping in the lobby of International Village, or IV. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller requested assistance in confirming an individual had authorization to be in the Ruggles Architecture Studio. 

A caller reported individuals dropped and broke a bottle of alcohol in the Burstein Hall lobby. Services rendered. 

Officers assisted BPD with a subject for an assault occurring on Huntington Avenue. BPD assumed jurisdiction.

Marijuana and drug paraphernalia was located in the Westin Hotel. A report was filed.

Officers spoke to an individual about possibly damaging the turf on the Carter field. Services rendered. 

Marijuana and drug paraphernalia was located in IV. Services rendered. 

A caller reported an individual acting erratically on the Egan Access Road. The individual was sent on their way. 

Monday, March 21 

Individuals were observed possibly involved in bicycle theft on the Egan Access Road. A report was filed. 

A caller reported being assaulted by an unknown individual in Ruggles. TPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported an individual shoplifted from Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center. A report was filed. 

A caller reported an unattended bag in the lobby of Speare Hall. Services rendered. 

A caller reported an individual refused to leave 101 Belvidere St. A report was filed. 

A caller reported an individual acting erratically in Fenway. The individual was sent on their way.

A caller reported a loud noise near the Willis Quad. The area was checked. 

Tuesday, March 22 

A caller reported an individual was on the ground on Gainsborough Street. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported suspicious activity in the South building of IV. A report was filed. 

A caller reported a small fire at the outdoor heaters in the Snell Quad. The fire was extinguished and there were no injuries. A report was filed. 

Drug paraphernalia was located in IV. A report was filed. 

A caller reported items stolen from their vehicle on Forsyth Street. A report was filed. 

A caller reported an individual acting erratically at 122 St. Stephen St. The area was checked. 

Wednesday, March 23

A caller reported the smell of marijuana in the Westin Hotel. The area was checked. 

A caller reported a disorderly individual in the Davenport A lobby. Services rendered.

A caller reported an individual was sleeping in a running vehicle in the Columbus Parking Garage. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported being assaulted off campus. OAA assumed jurisdiction. 

Officers responded to a minor motor vehicle accident on Hemenway Street. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported an electric scooter stolen from Krentzman Quad. A report was filed. 

A caller from off campus reported an individual refusing to pay back money that they lent. A report was filed. 

A caller reported the smell of marijuana near West Village H. The area was checked. 

A caller reported the smell of marijuana in the Midtown Hotel. The area was checked. 

An individual was observed on the roof of the Columbus Parking Garage. The individual was sent on their way. 

Thursday, March 24

Officers responded to a motor vehicle incident in which a vehicle struck and damaged an item affixed to 140 The Fenway. 

A caller reported being struck in the head with an object by an unknown individual on Huntington Avenue. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported an individual yelling at others inside of the Underground Cafe. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an individual entered Davenport A without swiping in. Services rendered. 

A caller reported a group of individuals disrupting their class in Dodge Hall from the hallway. The area was checked. 

A caller reported their laptop stolen from off campus. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported an individual entered West Village C without swiping in. The area was checked. 

Officers received an emergency hangup call from Snell Library. The area was checked. 

Friday, March 25

A caller reported an intoxicated individual in IV. The individual was transported to the hospital. 

A caller reported an individual was yelling on Columbus Avenue. The area was checked. 

A caller reported items stolen from off campus. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported a proctor sign in violation in Melvin Hall. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an individual entered East Village without swiping in. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an ongoing verbal dispute off campus. A report was filed.