Crime Log: Wednesday, March 22 to Friday, March 31

Alexis Santoro, news staff

Wednesday, March 22 

A caller reported an individual hanging out of a window and smoking at 780 Columbus Ave. The area was checked. 

A caller reported two individuals possibly tampering with a bicycle in West Village A. The individuals were sent on their way. 

Officers checked the area near Massachusetts Avenue for a suspect fleeing from an incident off campus. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported malicious destruction in a Snell Library restroom. A report was filed. 

Officers received a general fire alarm from 768 Columbus Ave. There was no smoke or fire. Services rendered. 

Officers responded to a motor vehicle accident on Columbus Avenue. Services rendered. 

A caller reported graffiti on the rear of 122 St. Stephen St. A report was filed. 

A caller reported the smell of smoke in Dodge Hall. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported an injured animal outside of Matthews Arena on St. Botolph Street. The area was checked. 

A caller reported a group of individuals on the roof of the Columbus Garage. The individuals were sent on their way. 

A caller reported their door propped open at 144 Hemenway St. The area was checked. 

Officers observed an individual acting erratically on Tremont Street. The individual was identified and had several active warrants. The subject was placed under arrest. 

A caller reported an individual shoplifted from a store on Westland Avenue. The area was checked. 

Officers responded to a disorderly individual on Gainsborough Street. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported a sign-in violation in Stetson West. Services rendered. 

A caller reported individuals shoving each other on Parker Street. The area was checked. 

Thursday, March 23 

Officers responded to a motor vehicle accident off campus. A report was filed. 

A caller reported an individual shoplifted from Wollaston’s Market in Marino Recreation Center. A report was filed.  

Officers received a general fire alarm from Davenport B. There was no smoke or fire. Services rendered. 

A caller reported an unattended bag in the middle of the road on Huntington Avenue. Services rendered. 

A caller reported possible harassment in Stetson East. Services rendered. 

Possible drug activity was observed on the Camden Street Footbridge. The area was checked. 

A caller reported a disorderly individual in Qdoba. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported the bike cage in the Columbus Garage appeared to be open. Services rendered. 

A caller reported hearing an unknown alarm near Kariotis Hall. Services rendered. 

A caller reported a group causing a disturbance in Dodge Hall. The individuals were sent on their way. 

Friday, March 24 

A caller reported an individual loitering in Ryder Hall. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported a vandalism incident in West Village A. A report was filed. 

A caller reported harassment in Dockster Hall. A report was filed. 

A caller reported suspicious activity in the Mugar Life Sciences Building restroom. A report was filed. 

A caller reported their laundry stolen from White Hall. A report was filed. 

Officers responded to a motor vehicle on Columbus Avenue. Services rendered. 

A caller reported the smell of marijuana in East Village, or EV. The area was checked. 

Officers received a general fire alarm from White Hall. There was no smoke or fire. Services rendered. 

Officers stopped a motor vehicle on Ruggles Street. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported a loud party in Douglass Park. Services rendered. 

Saturday, March 25 

A caller reported an intoxicated individual on Gainsborough Street. Services rendered. 

A caller reported an individual entered Kennedy Hall without signing in. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an individual entered EV without swiping in. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an individual entered Loftman Hall without swiping in. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an intoxicated individual in International Village, or IV.  The individual was transported to the hospital. 

A caller reported ongoing electronic harassment. Services rendered. 

A caller reported their AirPods stolen from IV. A report was filed. 

A caller reported an individual yelling in the lobby of 780 Columbus Ave. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported an individual acting erratically on St. Stephen Street. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported the smell of marijuana in Melvin Hall. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an underage individual possibly in possession of alcohol in Willis Hall. Services rendered. 

Sunday, March 26 

A caller reported an individual refusing to leave the Curry Student Center. The area was checked. 

A caller reported individuals loitering in the lobby of the Sheraton Hotel. The area was checked. 

A caller reported excessive noise from 1065 Tremont St. Services rendered. 

A caller reported several unauthorized charges on their credit card. A report was filed. 

Officers responded to a motor vehicle accident on Hemenway Street. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

An individual was observed acting erratically in IV. The individual was sent on their way. 

Monday, March 27 

An individual was observed loitering in the Southwest Corridor. The individual was sent on their way. 

A fake ID was located in Speare Hall. A report was filed. 

A caller reported the smell of smoke in Dodge Hall. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an unknown individual attempting to gain entry to a classroom in Ryder Hall. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported an unknown individual asking strange questions in Holmes Hall. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported an individual appeared to be hiding under the bushes in the Southwest Corridor. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported the odor of gas in Burstein Hall. Services rendered. 

Officers responded to an intentional fire in the Sheraton Hotel. There were no injuries, but there was moderate damage. A report was filed. 

A caller reported an individual sleeping on the field of Carter Playground. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported a possible sign-in violation in Smith Hall. Services rendered. 

Officers responded to reports of an individual waving a knife on Huntington Avenue. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported an individual sleeping in the Curry Student Center. The individual was sent on their way. 

Tuesday, March 28 

A caller reported an unknown individual attempting to enter the Midtown Hotel. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported graffiti in the Mugar Life Sciences Building. Services rendered. 

A caller reported an individual screaming in the North Lot. The area was checked. 

A caller reported their scooter stolen from West Village A. A report was filed. 

A caller reported their bicycle stolen from Snell Library. A report was filed. 

A caller reported an attempted electronic employment scam. Services rendered. 

A caller reported an individual loitering in the lobby of the Snell Library. The individual was sent on their way. 

Wednesday, March 29 

A caller reported items stolen from their vehicle on St. Stephen Street. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A caller reported individuals refusing to leave the classrooms in Hastings Hall. The individuals were sent on their way. 

A caller reported hearing yelling on the third floor of Smith Hall. The area was checked. 

A fake ID was located in the Marino Recreation Center. A report was filed. 

Possible drug use was observed on the Camden Street Footbridge. Services rendered. 

A caller reported their bicycle stolen from Speare Place. A report was filed. 

A caller reported a hit and run on Parker Street. A report was filed. 

A caller reported a bag containing their laptop stolen from Ruggles Station. A report was filed. 

A caller reported an individual entered West Village A without swiping in. Services rendered. 

A caller reported a sign-in violation in Burstein Hall. Services rendered. 

Thursday, March 30 

A caller reported a noise complaint in Douglass Park. Services rendered. 

A caller reported two individuals sleeping in the lobby of IV. The individuals were sent on their way. 

A caller reported excessive noise in Stetson West. Services rendered. 

A caller reported an electric scooter stolen from Field Street. A report was filed.

A caller reported an individual loitering in the lobby of IV. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported an individual trespassing near West Village H. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported their bicycle stolen from Forsyth Street. A report was filed. 

A caller reported damage to their vehicle in the Columbus Garage. A report was filed.

A caller reported being harassed by an unknown individual in Stetson East. Services rendered. 

A caller reported an individual screaming and acting erratically on Huntington Avenue. The area was checked. 

A caller reported a home invasion off campus. BPD assumed jurisdiction. 

A fake ID was located in Ruggles Station. A report was filed. 

Friday, March 31 

A caller reported excessive noise at Kerr Hall. Services rendered. 

A caller reported individuals refusing to leave the Cabot Center. The area was checked. 

A caller reported an individual refusing to leave Churchill Hall. The individual was sent on their way. 

A caller reported an individual entered Smith Hall without swiping in. The area was checked. 

A caller reported a verbal dispute off campus. A report was filed. 

A fake ID was located in Columbus Place. A report was filed. 

A caller reported a sign-in violation in Davenport A. The area was checked.

A caller reported a sign in violation in Davenport A. The area was checked.