Beanpot ticket sales begin Monday, presale happening now

Forward+Jack+Williams+takes+a+center+ice+faceoff+at+the+2023+Beanpot+tournament.+Northeastern+defeated+Boston+University+in+the+semifinals+3-1%2C+then+beat+out+Harvard+for+the+championship+title+in+a+shootout.+
Colette Pollauf
Forward Jack Williams takes a center ice faceoff at the 2023 Beanpot tournament. Northeastern defeated Boston University in the semifinals 3-1, then beat out Harvard for the championship title in a shootout.

TD Garden announced Tuesday morning that the tickets for the 2024 Men’s and Women’s Beanpot tournament games hosted at TD Garden will go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 20. This includes the men’s semifinals, the men’s championship/consolation games and the women’s championship/consolation games. 

This coming year will mark the 71st annual men’s tournament and the 45th annual women’s tournament. It will be the first time the women’s event will be held at TD Garden, after a long history of rotating between participating schools. The women’s semifinals will still play out at Harvard University’s Bright-Landry Hockey Center. 

The women’s semifinals will take place Jan. 16, with Boston University facing Boston College at 4 p.m. and Northeastern going head to head with host Harvard at 7:30 p.m. All four teams will travel to TD Garden Jan. 23 for the consolation game at 5 p.m. and the championship at 8 p.m. 

The men’s teams will then spend the first two weeks of February at the Garden. The semifinals begin at 5 p.m. Feb. 5 with a rematch of last year’s championship game between Northeastern and Harvard, followed by a BU-BC matchup at 8 p.m. On Feb. 12, the men’s consolation game will begin at 4:30 p.m. and the fight for the title ensues at 8 p.m.

Both championship games will premiere live on NESN. 

Each of the four participating colleges receives a pre-selected number of tickets to offer to its students, which will be released later in the season. All Beanpot tickets are sold through Ticketmaster.com and queues often back up, so grabbing a seat can become competitive. 

During last year’s ticket sale frenzy, users of r/NEU cited “issues on [Ticketmaster.com’s] end” and “the link [getting] leaked.” Many excited college students were left disappointed and frantically searching for tickets as the event approached. 

Although the release of tickets for the general public, is almost a week away, presale tickets are available now. The TD Garden Instagram page announced in a post on Tuesday that presale will be going on through Nov. 19 at 9 p.m. Attendees can use the codes ‘BP2024’ and ‘WBP2024’ to purchase early tickets for the men’s and women’s games, respectively. 

With a third night of Beanpot headed to TD Garden, fans will undoubtedly be on the edge of their seats eagerly awaiting their chance to attend one of the most well-loved events in Boston. 

Northeastern will fight to defend both the men’s and women’s titles as fans fight to claim their seats to watch it all go down. 

Editor’s Note: This story was edited Nov. 20 to include updated information about student tickets.

Amelia Ballingall
Amelia Ballingall, Sports Editor
Amelia Ballingall is a third-year speech language pathology and audiology major. She is sports editor for The News and previously served as deputy sports editor and deputy design editor. She is also vice president of membership development for Delta Phi Epsilon, the social media manager for Speech and Hearing Club and a Student Success Guide on campus. Amelia is looking forward to another great semester with The News!
Colette Pollauf
Colette Pollauf, Deputy Photo Editor
Colette Pollauf, deputy photo editor of The News, is a second-year journalism major with minors in political science and photojournalism. She currently works as a staff writer and photographer for The Scope: Boston, and has worked for Woof Magazine in the past. She is excited for her second semester as deputy photo editor and third semester with The News as she begins her first co-op at Nicole Chan Photography in Boston. Follow her on Twitter @ColettePollauf for updates.