Procrastination guide

By Emma Shuck, news staff

Hungoverowls.tumblr.com depicts funny pics of dazed owls.

Procrastination — most people love to hate and hate to love it. In college, putting off school work is inevitable, because what’s more enticing: staring at a blank Microsoft Word document or spending time surfing the Internet? Usually, it’s the latter. Just in time for midterms, The News delves into the most outrageous depths of the Internet in search of the funniest, crudest and rudest sites. Just try stifling bouts of laughter while sifting through drunk texts or getting a full dose of plumber crack.

Hungoverowls.tumblr.com

Feeling a little, ahem, “groggy” on a Saturday morning? Down some Tylenol and a bottle of water and con the roommate into making some hangover French toast. Use those jedi mind forces to land a computer in your lap. Then fly on over to Hungoverowls.tumblr.com. These poor hammered-looking hooters are paired with comedic comments bound to crack viewers up. The blog allows comments – equally entertaining to read – and has a new picture posted daily. It serves as a source for laughs, as well as sympathy. Just imagine what the Hungovercollegestudents.tumblr.com blog would look like.

Peopleofwalmart.com

Walmart is a one-stop shop for almost anything – including epic mullet and wedgie-spotting. What’s great about this maniacal meat-market is that there is a large volume of people walking in and out of the store on a daily basis. And that means a great opportunity for anyone who loves to people watch. Peopleofwalmart.com posts submitted photos of some real knock-outs around the country, along with hilarious captions to go with them. The pictures feature average people wearing crazy, ridiculous and not-so-fashionable articles of clothing. Spending time on this website provides endless entertainment, along with great insight of who – and what – is walking through the doors of Walmart.

Barstoolsports.com

There’s no better way to procrastinate than by surfing a website directed to the college generation. Although it’s mostly geared to provide men with entertainment – as it features an attractive girl of the week – it’s nonetheless a definite go-to website to spend some free-time browsing. This website provides quite the assortment of local sports stories, jokes, and the low-down on local car shows. The jokes are funny, most of the articles are short and to the point, and there is an endless amount of random information scattered around for visitors to uncover. For people who can’t get enough of YouTube, there are also plenty of links to popular videos for everyone to enjoy. Visiting Barstoolsports.com is like spending time in a bar, listening to a comedian and having an open door into Spencer’s (the eclectic store that offers everything from sex toys to movie posters) at all times.

Failbooking.com

The tagline for this website: “too funny to un-friend.” It seems everyone is on a Facebook kick these days, what with the recent movie release, which is why Failbook is worth checking out. If ever someone posted something on Facebook by mistake, something that was potentially read by mothers, bosses, best friends, neighbors, etc., it’s likely featured on this website. Because so many people have a Facebook account, there are endless amounts of hilarious “fails” that people were dumb enough to post for all to enjoy and laugh about. Failbooking truly is the sad, funny, embarrassing and outrageous side of everyone’s favorite social networking site, and it provides the perfect excuse to put off doing something productive.

Theoatmeal.com

Matthew Inman, the sole creator and contributor for this site, is a comic genius. Inman refers to himself as “The Oatmeal” in each of his stories, and updates the site frequently with comics about every-day scenarios, real-life situations and unrealistic activities that would be hilarious if actually done. Some titles of past comics that have been featured on the site include “The crap we put up with getting on and off an airplane,” “What I remember most about Legos” and “How to tell if your cat is plotting to kill you.” Some of these comics are long and others are extremely short, but all of them have one thing in common:  They’ll give viewers a good laugh.