Looks of the Week

News Staff Photo: Laura Finaldi

William Bratches:

sophomore

history major

Bratches said he prefers the unique items he finds at thrift stores over anything with a big price tag. He said he likes to look for cheap clothes he can reinvent at home.

“I have a sewing machine in my dorm room and I tailor [the clothes] to myself,” he said. “I just kinda go with what I find.”

This week’s photo features Bratches in one of his many different looks. This look pairs slim-fitting jeans with a collared shirt and peacoat.

Bratches said he is inspired by everything from Edwardian-era pieces to punk and industrial styles.

“I have so many different looks,” he said. “Any day, I’ll kind of be a mix-up of anything, really.”

News Staff Photo: Laura Finaldi

Lauren Bruno:

sophomore

health science major

Leggings and jeans with the right amount of accessories is Bruno’s go-to look. Bruno, whose friends describe her style as “casually trendy,” said she likes to stick with comfortable leggings. Because leggings are thin and usually do not keep legs very warm, she wears almost-thigh-high black boots.

“I like Madewell and Nordstrom but I usually go with leggings because jeans are a little uncomfortable for class,” she said. “I’d say my style is pretty casual for the most part, but I try to look put together.”

Bruno wears several pieces of classic jewelry in her look. She said she usually wears the same pieces of jewelry every day.

“I always wear the same stuff-watch, ring, bracelets, pearl earrings, sometimes big necklaces,” she said.

– Laura Finaldi, News Staff

If you, or any of your friends would like to be the next Fashion & Style section’s Look of the week please email [email protected] with contact information.