Calendar: March 31 – April 6

By Emma Shuck, News Staff

Entry of the Week:

This city will once again participate in World Pillow Fight Day on April 2. Last year, there were over 140 cities worldwide that took part in this pillow-fighting frenzie, and this year, multiple foreign cities such as Cape Town, Budapest, London, Paris and Zurich will join in on the fun. A crowd of more than 1,500 people are expected to be a part of this year’s event, waiting to hear the airhorn blow to sound-off the start. There are a few rules for the pillow fight:  Use a soft pillow, don’t hit anyone with a camera or without a pillow and don’t use feathered pillows. Costumes are also encouraged and the event is appropriate for people of all ages. The location will be posted on April 1 on misteriosos.org. Location TBA; 3 p.m.; Free; [email protected].

Thursday, March 31

Gerald Peary, a published North American film critic for more than twenty-five years, is coming to Northeastern for a screening of the film he directed, “For the Love of Movies: The Story of American Film Criticism.” His critiques have appeared in many newspapers such as the Los Angeles Times, The Globe (Toronto) and the Chicago Tribune, among others. He will be available for a Q&A session after the screening, and refreshments will be served. 90 Snell Library; 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Free; 617-373-2821.

Friday, April 1

Northeastern’s School of Law is sponsoring a full day of presentations, network opportunities and a variety of knowledge for women interested or involved in law. The conference will feature two panels, each with practical expertise, a keynote speaker and also two break-out sessions primarily focused on embracing the changes in today’s workplace. At the end of the conference, there will be additional time to network. Register at Northeasternlaw.ealumni.com. Dockser Hall; 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Free; 617-373-8268.

Saturday, April 2

Spend this Saturday with a troupe of monocyclists, lasso twirlers from China, a group of Kenyan athletes shimmying up a pole and miniature horses in a chorus line at the Big Apple Circus.  The new show, “Dance on!” is part of the Big Apple’s 33rd season, and because the show is under an intimate tent called the “Big Top,” no guest will be more than 50 ft. from the ring. Boston City Hall Plaza; 12:30 p.m.; $15+; 888-541-3750.

The South Asian Student Group (Utsav) is putting on its annual cultural show, “Nataraj 2011: Blackout,” which showcases South Asian culture through a variety of acts like dance, vocals, instrumentals and comedy. These acts are all combined into a skit with an overall story centered around South Asian culture. This will be the 20th year for the show, and the organization hopes to attract an audience of all different backgrounds. Blackman Auditorium; 7 p.m.; $5 with NU ID; 617-373-4700.

Sunday, April 3

Alpha Epsilon Pi, the Council for University Programs and Kappa Delta are bringing comedian Donald Glover to Blackman Auditorium. He has previously performed stand-up on Comedy Central Presents and more recently hosted the MTVU Woodie Awards. Aside from his comedy career, Glover is also an actor, writer and musician and is best known for his role as community college student Troy Barnes on the NBC show, “Community.” Tickets can be printed under the “myTickets” tab on myNEU. Blackman Auditorium; 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Free with NU ID; [email protected].

Join fellow students and Boston residents at the annual Walk to Keep Kids Safe, hosted by Sigma Delta Tau Sorority. The goal of the walk is to raise awareness and funds for Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA), an organization dedicated to assisting children in the Boston area who are suffering from home abuse. The walk will depart from the Snell Library Quad and continue around the Back Bay Fens park. Tickets can be purchased under the “myTickets” tab on myNEU. 249 Ruggles St.; 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.; $7; 617-849-2131.

Monday, April 4

Ever wanted to learn how to write for a fashion magazine? The editorial director of Boston’s weekly Stuff Magazine, Erica Corsano, is teaching a class called, “Line by Line: Fashion Writing Basics” at the Boston Center for Adult Education. All students will be given the choice to take on a field assignment following the conclusion of the class and the best work will be featured in an upcoming issue of Stuff Magazine. 122 Arlington St.; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; $40; 617-267-4430.

Tuesday, April 5

Club Oberon in Harvard Square is hosting a trivia event, “The Big Quiz Thing.” The game will include video puzzles, an audio round, a lightening round and a three-way finale. The grand prize winner will receive $200. 2 Arrow St., Cambridge; 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Free; 866-811-4111.

Wednesday, April 6

The Department of Jewish Studies and Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies is co-sponsoring a panel event that will focus on a discussion of feminist analysis of Holocaust remembrance. The event, titled, “Post Holocaust Narratives: Memorializing in the 21st Century,” will also invite attendees to reconsider their understanding of genocide and national remembrance. 102 West Village G; 2:50 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Free; 617-373-4140.

Have an event coming up? E-mail the details to [email protected].

Events may be canceled or rescheduled. Call ahead to confirm.