Calendar: April 21 – 27

By Emma Shuck, News Staff

Together Boston, an electronic festival surrounding music, art and technology, will bring a free concert to Northeastern’s Fenway Center on Thursday, April 21. The event will bring in a wide variety of talent, all with unique performances done by flute and electronics, piano, electric guitar, violin, voice and even a mixed ensemble. There will be a total of eight performers, including Maxwell Dulaney, Jeremy Spindler, Justin Casinghino, Mike Frengel, Christopher Bailey and Sarah Fylak. This concert is just one part of the festival, which will continue until April 24. Check the online event schedule for details. 77 Saint Stephen St.; 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Free; Togetherboston.com.

Thursday, April 21

Celebrate the 41st anniversary of Earth Day and the end of spring term at the Spring Fling in International Village. There will be a BBQ and other food either locally or sustainably grown, more than 12 information tables, giveaways, live music, various student group performances and Earth Day-related activities. International Village; Noon to 4 p.m.; Free; [email protected].

Friday, April 22

CAKE, a post-alternative rock band founded in 1992, reached the attention of a worldwide audience on the strength of platinum albums Fashion Nugget and Prolonging The Magic. The group will be in Boston to perform at the Wang Theatre for its national and international tour. 270 Tremont St.; 8 p.m.; $40+; 617-482-9393.

Saturday, April 23

Boston Cares, a non-profit organization that creates and facilitates volunteer service projects, has organized an environmentally-themed tour of WGBH’s studios. On the tour, participants will hear about the sustainable efforts WGBH undergoes in its work to go green and will also learn about the company’s history and importance to the city of Boston. 1 Guest St.; 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.; Free; 617-300-2000.

Student models from across the globe will strut their stuff down the runway at the International Student and Scholar Institute’s (ISSI) 12th annual fashion show. The show will present an array of clothing and accessories, all coming from designers and companies such as LF, United Colors of Bennetton, Banana Republic and Salmagundi, among others. Tickets can be printed on myNEU. Fenway Center; 77 St. Stephen St.; 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Free with NUID; 617-373-4700.

Sunday, April 24

The film screening of “The Far Side of the Moon,” from the same creator and director of the multimedia fairy tale “The Anderson Project,” will be presented at the Paramount Center: Bright Family Screening Room. The film looks at the human search for meaning in life through a playful, whimsical and comedic twist. 559 Washington St.; 7 p.m.; $5; 617-824-8000.

Monday, April 25

The Berklee Global Jazz Institute (BGJI) will celebrate it’s one-year anniversary and kick-off of their Global Jazz Summit for Humanity and Peace with a performance by jazz master Wayne Shorter. Faculty and BGJI students will join in on this tribute to Shorter’s long and legendary musical career. The concert will take place at the Berklee Performance Center and tickets can be purchased on Ticketmaster.com. 136 Massachusetts Ave.; 8:15 p.m.; $15 to $20; 617-747-2261.

The rivalry between Boston and New York City is being taken off the field and into the kitchen for a chef showdown event. Chef Mike Bergin of L’Espalier will represent Beantown, while chef Jackie Kelly of Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill will compete for her hometown of NYC. The two chefs will receive a list of themes and ingredients and will have only a few hours to put together a baseball-inspired meal for the people attending the event. Guests will ultimately decide who takes home the title of “Best Chef,” with a portion of each ticket benefiting the local hunger relief charity Lovin’ Spoonfuls. 1265 Boylston St.; 6 p.m.; $48; 617-236-7369.

Tuesday, April 26

A new exhibit called “Finding Peace” will be on display in the Mary Baker Eddy Library. This participatory experience is lined with magnifying glasses and expansive panels of stylized text and pictures, and encourages visitors to get in touch with aspects of peace through printed quotations from various intellectuals and objects from the collection. Mary Baker Eddy Library; 200 Massachusetts Ave.; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; 888-222-3711.

Wednesday, April 27

The Contemporary Music Ensemble at Boston University, ALEA III, will present Percussion International, a show combining works in combinations of instruments, featuring vibes, marimbas and percussion. The performance will be conducted by percussionist Samuel Z. Solomon, who has been responsible for dozens of past world premieres of solo and small ensemble works. Special guests include Boston University’s own percussion ensemble, members of the Boston Conservatory Percussion Ensemble and the Gamelan Galak Tika. Boston University Tsai Performance Center; 685 Commonwealth Ave.; Free; 617-353-3340.

Have an event coming up? E-mail the details to [email protected].

Events may be canceled or rescheduled. Call ahead to confirm.