Summer Bucket List 2011

By Jillian Saftel,
News Correspondent

After a winter with almost enough snow to bury Shaquille O’Neal and April showers that stuck around for most of May, students have been awaiting summer with anxious hearts. Will the sun ever shine? Will we ever get a tan? Ladies and gents, it looks like summer weather is finally moving in, and Bostonians must take advantage while we can. From epic Nerf gun battles and running through fountains to break dancing and gambling, these three Northeastern students have big plans on their summer 2011 bucket lists.

Suzie Molino
middler
pharmacy

1. Go run in the fountain at the [Christian Science Center] with all the little children, if it ever gets hot.

2. I have to get six pack abs this summer – like Jillian Michaels’ “Six Pack Summer.” I need to get my flirt on!

3. Go to Rumor and have foreign men buy me lots of drinks. I’ve heard it’s a really crazy night club with lots of different themes and fabulous people.

4. I just missed Harpoon Fest but I really want to get to another beer festival like it. They had games, music and giveaways. And everyone was just drinking beer.

5. I’m from New York, born and raised a Yankees fan, so I want to go to Fenway when the Sox play them in August decked out in Yankees apparel. I’ll sit in the bleachers where all the real fans sit and make a scene. Get at me.

Charlie Yao
sophomore
electrical engineering

1. I want to go to an anime convention and completely dress up. They have a really big one at Hynes Convention Center and I think I’d go as Goku from “Dragon Ball Z.”

2. Skydiving or gliding, because seriously, who doesn’t want to fly?

3. Atlantic City for a weekend of gambling and strip clubs with the guys. Now that I have co-op money I can really gamble.

4. Some kind of food and cooking convention. They have one in the movie “Hitch” and they learned to cook awesome food from gourmet chefs and it really made me want to do it.

5. I want to have a huge Nerf gun battle. Just have all my friends get Nerf guns and it’ll be like the zombie game people play on campuses. Really, it would be like real-life “Call of Duty.”

Emily Thompson
freshman
communication studies

1. Ice climbing in Iceland. I’m going this summer for a week and that’s definitely what I’m most looking forward to.

2.  Learn to sail. I’ve wanted to learn for a long time, and now that I’m in Boston I feel like the Charles is just the perfect place for it.

3. I’m from Belize so I don’t think this is lame, but I want to follow the entire Freedom Trail. People say it’s too long but I don’t really know any American history and I’d like to go through the whole thing.

4. I want to go to a music festival. I only just went to my third concert in my entire life two days ago, it was the Arctic Monkeys at the House of Blues, so I really want to go to a big, free festival.

5. I’m learning to break dance this summer. My roommate and I are learning the six-step, which is like the most basic step there is, in our living room. I’ve wanted to do it for the longest time so I just got the YouTube videos up and started.