App Ambush

By Emily Huizenga,
News Correspondent

The News asked random students to tell us their three favorite, most-used or wackiest iPhone, Blackberry or Android apps and why they like to use them. Here are the results.

Meghan Davis
freshman
physics

ToDo List App

“This is super handy. It’s a running to-do list of stuff I have to do, and when I finish a task I can literally cross it out with my hand – it’s touch-screen. I keep it as my home screen.”

MP3 Download

“Unlike iPhones, Androids are sketchy. You can download all sorts of free illegal music and such. This app’s even written in bad English.”

Alarm Clock

“This app makes me answer a math problem in order to shut off the alarm, which is pretty cool. It’s one of my favorites.”

Ashley Oberer
freshman
political science

WhatsApp for BlackBerry

“This is the BBM version of instant messaging or chatting between BlackBerry and iPhone, since BlackBerry hardly has any good apps. I use this constantly.”

Weather

“Oh yeah, BlackBerry does have this new weather app, so I guess they’re getting better in the app department. Speaking of, I should probably download this…”

Photo Editor

“This is another fairly new app Blackberry offers. I don’t use it much, but it’s nice to know it’s there.”

Hannah Rogerson
freshman
political science

Waterslide

“It’s a game where you pretend like you’re going down a waterslide and you have to steer up and down and around and such.”

Celebalike

“This one takes a picture of you and matches you with your celebrity look-alike. You can literally get the worst match in the world, which is what I consistently get. Like this, bloody Sharon Osbourne. How does it figure?”

Beauty Genius

“This is through Marie Claire, and it’s wonderful. It’s like a virtual version of a fashion magazine. It’s like Vogue, only instead of fashion it’s beauty.”

Photos by Emily Huizenga