Husky Happennings

Beanpot tickets on sale tonight
Tickets to the 60th annual Beanpot Tournament went on sale Tuesday at the Matthews Arena box office. The Huskies will take on the Boston College Eagles Feb. 6 at 8 p.m. at TD Banknorth Garden. Tickets are $42 and good for admission to the first and second rounds of the tournament. The last chance to buy tickets before the event is tonight between 5 and 8 p.m. in the box office. Students must present a valid Husky ID to purchase tickets.

– Melissa Werthmann, News Staff

Farm stand closing, will still vend in Curry
Marshall’s Fenway Farm Stand, the Boylston Street provider of Northeastern’s farmers market, is closing its doors on Sunday. However, they will still be at Northeastern every Wednesday from noon to 6 p.m. on the ground floor of the Curry Student Center, near the bookstore and information desk. Student Government Association President Mike Sabo said Marshall’s has “been great to work with” and commended the selection.

– Melissa Werthmann, News Staff

Students gather for State of the Union address
More than 60 students gathered in the senate chambers in 333 Curry Student Center Tuesday evening to watch President Barack Obama deliver the State of the Union address. The event was sponsored by the Political Science Student Association, College Democrats, College Republicans and Generation Citizen. The groups provided soda and pizzas for students who attended.

– Taylor Dobbs, News Staff

SGA elects new Parliamentarian
Members of the Student Government Association voted to officially confirm Ryan Gordon as parliamentarian. Although Gordon has not previously been involved with SGA, he said he is fully capable of serving in the position and is very familiar with Robert’s Rules, the legislative procedures used by SGA. “I think President Sabo was saying you only have the tenth edition in the office,” Gordon said. “I actually have the eleventh edition in my backpack.”

– Melissa Werthmann, News Staff

RSA seeking Sex Week models
The Resident Student Association is hosting casting calls next week for models in this year’s Sex Week magazine. Casting calls are scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Sunday in 22 International Village and Wednesday at 8 p.m. in 106 West Village G. Men and women of all shapes and sizes are welcome, and there is no experience necessary. The organization is also looking for writers for the magazine. Anyone interested in either opportunity is encouraged to email [email protected].

– Melissa Werthmann, News Staff